What's new

Zelda - Best Quality

wo33er

Wo33eR.CoM - Owner :P
Okay this thread i have made just to find out how my favourite game is doing, my fav game even thought i have never played it :|. I so want to play it its untrue and i cannot wait to do so as soon as it is SLIGHTLY playable (i mean with good FPS). So can people please tell me the best they can get out of the game AND possibly post some screenshots of the best they can get and how they got it. I will go out and buy the game to play it as soon as it is playable.

And no before u ask im not gonna buy a entire console system for one game :p. lol. Mite have to at this rate though :'(.

-Shadow-

Banned
The shots of it are on the "shots" section . It runs very baaad :puke:
I cant post a screen , i've deleted the iso already...

1. : Glitches : Misplaced character textures , Link is surrounded by a large black thing , the maps and menus are looking nice , though

2. : Performance : :puke: 5 fps :p

-Shadow-

Banned
ISO image , it's an dump of a CD into a file...
If it's easier for you , call 'em ROMs....

It's not really worth playing ATM...

Ah , and GC emus got no Sound + no save function :-/

kage

H3ad5h0tter said:
ISO image , it's an dump of a CD into a file...
If it's easier for you , call 'em ROMs....

It's not really worth playing ATM...

Ah , and GC emus got no Sound + no save function :-/

Well sure....but asside from all the things you've listed its working almost perfectly! :D

:ninja:

My cup is half full :D

Alchy

Point is, as good as the emulator is, it's not replacement for the real console. Go buy it - Zelda is hardly the only game worth playing.

OP
wo33er

wo33er

Yer i know Zelda isnt the ONLY one and i think i would also enjoy playing games such as mario sunshine (dont kno why), mario kart, DEFO metroid.. but Zelda stands out so much to me and im gutted to find its doing bad atm.

I never knew there was no save and sound fuctions, they say sound is very easy to emulate.. and if it is id say get that done already as it makes a big difference to the completion percent and is also a big addition to gaming.

I went out and bought Zelda second hand, im going to ISO it soon, this is why i cant be arsed being a console for the game, plus i prefer playing on emulation (ie. i never use my SNES or N64 any more, yet i play my games on the PC all the time).

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
1) The sound would lag terrible so you really wouldn't like to hear it anyway :p
2) j00 cheap bastard! A cube + (at least it used) a free game of choice = $99.
3) You will NOT be able to play through the zelda game unless you are VERY, VERY, VERY patient! Oh...I forgot, there's no savestates yet :p

So what's the feckin' deal? :yawn: go buy the thing already! :drool:

OP
wo33er

wo33er

Im buying the new ATI 800XT $500 hopefull soon, plus a new PSU, Fan controller and DVD-Rw... Meaning im SKINT for the next.. hmm.. forever :p. Buying it is a little out of the question lol.

Plus all the other ZELDA games were short and sweet as hell so i kno ill love this one too :p.

Doomulation

Ok first, it sucks :p I've played it on the real thing, so believe me.
And don't you think buying a cube is cheaper than buying all the other stuff? :naughty:

Strange

Heh, wo33er is just the same as me - i`m too prefer emulation instead of real consoles - its principle thing - even if cube will cost 50$ he wiil buy X800 and other stuff for his PC =)

Doomulation

But can't he get it in his stupid mind? The emulation is horrible! :p And will probably be for a looooooooooong while now!
What would you like, playing at 5 fps with major gfx errors, which costs you about $500, or playing at a steady 60 fps with no slowdowns whatsoever and beutiful gfx, which costs you about $99?

Really, now... :down:

Trotterwatch

Agreed with Doomulation on this. Just buy the console, the perfect emulation that you seek is not here yet, and with all due respect won't be here for quite a long time either.

OP
wo33er

wo33er

BUT think about it:

PC
The XT 800 is (god knows) sumthing like 3x better than the X-Box graphics (which is the most powerfull console). SO ! When these consoles go onto the NEW X-Box2 and the (HOPEFULLY !) New Nintendo console... Then MY PC will STILL be playing them years to come... Plus i can play other emulation, PC games such as Doom 3, HL2, Deus Ex 2, Spliter Cell 2.. etc etc.

Gamecube
The gamecube, yep it looks good with quiet a few good games BUT not that many compared to above. And also even if i buy one now it will pretty (long) be replaced with new nintendo console (even tho i doubt theyll make one).

Iv always found and thought that PC womps on Consoles, i own a PS2 and a X-Box and its SUCH a waste of time lmfao, there jus SHIT !. I got over 40 games N there all jus pants compared to a handfull of 40 PC games i have. But every now and then theres a amazing console game that deserves to be playable for the smart peeps who buy (and can only afford) PC's.

This is why emulation was developed :p. Games like Halo go to PC, Games like Metal Gear Solid go to PC... Yet most (if not all) Nintendo classics go the gamecube and die on the gamcube !. (This is also why i think nintendo are fools, there jus creating money problems for themselfs :p).

Ok iv wrote enough, my hand hurts :down: .

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
Uh-oh... insert Console (people with money and time) versus PC (people with more money and more time) debate here. Let's just enjoy it fellas! :)

bohdy

Well if you want to be stubborn instead of playing masterpieces like Metroid Prime, Zelda etc. the way that they are meant to be played then that is your choice, but you will be waiting a very long time before Gamecube Emulation is on level with n64 emulation and games like Zelda are fully playable at good speeds.

The very fastest Pc's at this time (think athlon 64 3400+ and the very newest Pentiums) cannot break the 5 fps mark in Wind Waker no matter what graphics card you have (If you don't believe me: http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1986&p=12), and while there is room for improvement I would not expect machines to be powerful enough for perfect emulation at least another 2 years.

If you are prepared to wait that long then who can possibly talk you out of it.

Eyedentity

Emu technician
there is no need for perfect emulation , part of this is also for fun ,and the progress is gr8.
SOme people with "slow" computers can play with as much fps as others so part of the speed is also the coding in my opinion

psyjump

people people please stop whining about buying consoles and all...

The thing is, everybody knows emulating doesn't go smooth but thats not the point..

the point is that some people acctually have skills to create a program which can emulate games from a console that is like "new" and has up-to-date technology...

few people are able to create such applications and I worship them :)

As for the emu it work so great..good job guys :)

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
Hey, why if the max is 4.5 or 5 then why do I get arround 7 fps =/ (see screenshot taken in intro)

(sorry for the deactivated window, If you say a program that captures the whole client area, without problems say (I have Fraps but that only captured the Gamearea)