What's new

Wow Metroid Prime sales!

Josep

eyerun4phun
aw, i bought and sold metroid prime already, wow, FPS's have gotten really boring really fast for me i guess, and the controls just pissed the fuck out of me...

Cyberman

Josep said:
aw, i bought and sold metroid prime already, wow, FPS's have gotten really boring really fast for me i guess, and the controls just pissed the fuck out of me...

Something that anoys me.. is a really bad user interface. Games are to be fun not frustrating. Any game company worth there salt should be sure the UI is easy enough to use. Square screwed up a lot of it's games in this respect might be because they are too used to turn based RPG's (where not hand eye coordination is need).

Cyb

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
Josep said:
out of all my 70 hours of playing prime ive never once got frustrated due to the controls.
you'd have to be ridiculously bad at video games to have remotely any trouble controlling this game.

tho i can imagine having trouble contolling any other FPS with prime's setup.
but prime is not meant to be played like any other FPS.

OP
tbag

tbag

B*A*G*G said:
out of all my 70 hours of playing prime ive never once got frustrated due to the controls.
you'd have to be ridiculously bad at video games to have remotely any trouble controlling this game.

tho i can imagine having trouble contolling any other FPS with prime's setup.
but prime is not meant to be played like any other FPS.

Because it is the greatest FPS :)

Cyberman

tbag said:
Because it is the greatest FPS :)
Ummm isn't that like saying Doom3 is the greatest ever.. or this and that is the greatest ever.. It's all relative to the person who is playing.
I played the demo of Metroid prime it's not too bad. However I'm not buying a game cube to play it. That's life.. I'm sure there will be better FPS's later. Relax enjoy the game but don't make proclamations like it's the greatest.. yada yada. It's OK..

as for UI's I had no trouble figuring out metroid primes interface took me 5 minutes to get use to it and then goof around a bit.

Things that frustrate me is when you can't use the controls to get your player to do things, IE your timing acuracy on things has to be in ms.. that's insane. I've seen a number of games that did that, I myself have lousy timing so they just frustrate me to no end. If it's like +-200ms I can get it perfect anything under 120ms seems to be a real problem for me. Could be my dyslexia at work.

Cyb

OP
tbag

tbag

LOL, to tell the truth i havent played it :plain: ive seen people playing it its great