What's new

Japan GC sales!!

Gorxon

Administrator
New info on GameCube sales in Japan has been posted on various sites...and they are unbelievable...have a look :holiday: :

Brace yourself... The GameCube hardware sales have doubled last week to an amazing number of 37.400 !! That is only one thousand less than the total PS2s sold that same week. Oh and the Xbox is on the 4th spot with only 1.900 units sold.

Hardware:

1. GameBoy Advance - 150,800 (2,313,400)
2. PlayStation 2 - 38,400 (3,101,500)
3. GameCube - 37,400 (923,400)
4. XBox - 1,900 (273,600)
5. PS One - 1,800 (205,900)
6. WonderSwan Crystal - 1,300 (102,500)

It's only 2 or 3 months back since the sales were "only" 10 000....and the GBA sales..is it me or have they tripled (pokemon anyone :) )???!!

funny to watch the xbox sales over there tho :saint:

-edit-
Forgot source ^^
http://www.cube-europe.com/newsphp/news.php?id=3095

Last edited:

Cyberman

B*A*G*G said:
gamecube will dominate in 2003.
it is a prophecy (!)
Personally I would rather they stop making extremely proprietary platforms and at least have some competition for game systems. I like the PS2 but Sony is rather anoying with anything they make. They added there magic key software which is patented to there save cards so that companies selling memory cards have to BUY a license from them to sell memory cards for there game. Cute isn't that? :)

Anyhow back to the subject Game Cube will likely sell like the N64 .. it's still too proprietary and doesn't have value added features. Granted it's about $50 cheaper it still not the same thing.

I saw metriod prime and played it some.. pretty nice the demo was too short in it's time out period. Xbox is likely going to be a looser for a while, the only thing that's selling is the network thingy MS released and personally I don't want an Xbox.. ever. I would sell it at a pawn shop if I won one.. let me put it this way.

Cyb

tbag

Nice to see Nintendo gaining some ground back in the console market :)

And as for it being a prophecy of course :) the great thing about Nintendo is now they realized we Nintendo gamers need Violent games and when Nintendo does violent games they always come out great (Perfect Dark anyone?)

Last edited:

blizz

tbag said:
when Nintendo does violent games they always come out great (Perfect Dark anyone?)

well you just shot yourself in the foot with that

1. Rare did Perfect Dark
2. PD was not a great game, it was a good game which the Rare faithful wet themselves over

tbag

blizz said:
well you just shot yourself in the foot with that

1. Rare did Perfect Dark
2. PD was not a great game, it was a good game which the Rare faithful wet themselves over

Yeah it wasnt the greatest game but Rare did a decent job on it
but since Microsoft owns them now that is pathetic Microsoft owns so many small/large companies its not funny <_<