What's new

Emulator N64

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
supergamer said:
mupen = slower
supergamer, why don't you just shut up when you don't know what you're talking about!?
Windows emulators are NOT supported in linux. And there are only 3 emulators (well, good ones at last) that runs on linux.
All stated above.

Trillian

blight said:
mupen is the only one released, daedalus runs faster than mupen on linux but has less compatiblity due to some unfixed bugs (that's why it'll never be released)

OMFG, the devs must be stupid.

Trillian

* Daedalus is an open source project
* you have code which makes it work on linux
* you don't release it because you think there are bugs which can't be fixed

The natural thing to do would be making the fn code available to get someone to fix it. If you keep it unreleased you'll never find out if those bugs might have been fixed.

A partly-working daedalus is still better than a broken mupen ;)

Trillian

Alright, seems you really didn't get me right.
Basically, what I'm saying is the following:

Releasing the code you have will increase the chance of finding fellow coders to help porting it by like 1000% ;)

That's all what I was trying to say.

You're right, I don't know about Daedalus internal structures, I don't know anything about writing an emulator of any sort, but I know how to develop software and I know how all of the popular OSS projects work - and that's not by taking windows source, starting to port it and then saying: "fuck it, it won't work, i'll dump the code".

I should have chosen my words wiser, I didn't want to offend anyone - sorry.

(btw, I do use Linux ;)

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
supergamer said:
It's possible to run 1964 in WINE

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111 :rolleyes:

I n3v3r kn3w that WINE, a windows compatibility layer, c0U1d RuN @ pR0Gr@m t4@t U$3$ D3D p1ug!n$!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (w00t)

For those whom can't read my uber-leet writing:

I never knew that Wine, a windows compatibility layer, could run a program that uses D3D (Direct 3D) plugins!!

Wine doesn't support the DirectX API, but WineX, a program that uses the Wine source, does. WineX's whole idea was to add support for the DirectX API, mainly D3D.

I hope that Mr. SuperGamer will read up on some documentation before he posts his spam again, that would be very nice.

-ta ta:holiday:

supergamer

Banned
Use opengl in wine and it will work! Not all plugins are direct 3d!
You'll have some graphical errors but it's playable.

If you want to play without problems use mupen. If you know anything about linux "try" 1964 running in wine with opengl (1964 comes with an opengl plugin).

Last edited:

Slougi

Supergamer, audio does not work using wine/winex. I wouldn't call that playable. Now shut up please, you have posted enough crap on these boards, and really pissed me off. There are measures I can take to make u shut up if you don't do it of your own consent.

ShadowPrince

Slougi said:
Supergamer, audio does not work using wine/winex. I wouldn't call that playable. Now shut up please, you have posted enough crap on these boards, and really pissed me off. There are measures I can take to make u shut up if you don't do it of your own consent.

Audio does not work in Mupen currently too,but i still call it playable.I not see a reason why to flame poor guy.

Doomulation

I wouldn't bet too much on sound, though. It would just skip all the time anyway...the other cores needs to be implemted. And that's going to take a Loooooooooooooooong time!

Doomulation

30 fps in mario!
That's the first game ever made for n64!
And do you think everyone has a 2.4 ghz p4?
No sorry, blight, but many don't. And even if you sync, it wouldn't work, since the emulation needs to be full speed.