What's new

Help i get an error when i start a game

Encirp

Can someone tell me what this means Error: Memmap VxD initialization faillure. Does anyone know how to fix it. That happens when i try to start a game.

Cyberman

Sounds to me like a memory allocation error of some sort. VXD's are virtual drivers. I'm not sure if they are DLL's with a different file extension or what.

To be helpful to SP or anyone working on an emulator you might want to include the following information:

Any configuration you have set up for the emulator. Such as if possible plugins used .. what you did before the error happened etc.

This will help to answer your question likely and hopefully allow you to use the emulator sooner.

Added note.. plugin authors should have a 'copy to clipboard' button on there plugin's config face so people can paste it when they post. Saves them a lot of typing and you a lot of time :)

Cyb

PS probably need the name of the rom too.. All of them doesn't hack it for figuring out what's wrong ;) Sometimes if you have a ROM that isn't emulated it will cause crashes. Also if you have a GPU plugin into the thing then you should be sure it's set up right.

Last edited: