What's new

blank screen when loading rom in Linux

jdm

I get a blank screen when loading ROMs, I've tried it with two different games and still no luck :\

I think it has something to do with the tr64 plugin. I'm not sure how to compile the latest tr64 source code since there is no makefile.

I've tried using different "cpu cores" and I have gotten one game to load once. When it loaded I couldn't hear any sound and ended up pressing the escape key to try to end the begining movie and haven't been able to get any game to load since. I used the latest available source code.

The game used was Zelda: Majora's Mask and Zelda: Ocorina of Time, Majora's Mask was the one I was able to get running once.

If anyone has any tips for getting it to run in Linux that would be great!

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Firstly try using official binary release and see if it works. Then if it works with my binary, it's prolly that you have done something wrong when you compiled it...

OP
J

jdm

I used the binary release and then compiled the source code. Same problems with both.

Its solved now, I just started emerging anything related to SDL and it seems to have fixed it. Its working alright now, graphics don't display right but at least it runs =)

What keys do what with the keyboard input plugin? So far I have found W and ENTER but can't seem to find the others.

Edit: Forgot to mention, still no sound : \

Thanks for the fast response too

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I suggest you to take blight plugin for input in this board.
You can configure everything with it and also use joystick :)

OP
J

jdm

Got it, I thought the blight plugin was only for joysticks, works great now too, thanks alot!

kallu

hey jdm,
how did u solve the problem, i seem to be having the same problem.
i dont really understand what u mean by "I just started emerging anything related to SDL and it seems to have fixed it"

Flea

A word of caution: While blight's plugin is by far the best input plugin available, it does take a few more cycles to run. If you are really hurting for speed, you may want to use the input plugin that Hacktarux wrote (you need to use the hard-coded keys though).