What's new

Paper Mario

DaniGrrl82

I know this question has probably been answered a hundred times already, but I can't find a direct answer anywhere. Does the new version of Project 64 fully support Paper Mario? The last time I downloaded Project 64 and tried to play Paper Mario on it, it was still flickering. Do I have to modify something to make it stop flickering?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
from wat ive heard, there are LESS bugs, including flickering in 1.4. i dunno the full status. wat i do know is that for ppl who dont hav the beta, d/l 1964.0.7 as u can play paper mario without flickering, and it didnt seem to crash - could be wrong though.

Smiff

Emutalk Member

flickering problem (one that cant be fixed by CF1) is coming from Jabo's AFAIK, I'd be surprised if 1964 was OK

OP
D

DaniGrrl82

you were right, I downloaded 1964.0.7 and ran Paper Mario on it, it flickered worse than it did on Project64. I guess I'll just have to wait for a new version.

Smiff

Emutalk Member

you might be able to fix most of the flickering by setting CF=2 on 1964, I don't know, I havent used 1964 much... but give it a go if it isn't already.. otherwise yer wait for PJ 1.4

sk8bloke22

roll for life
YEH, changing the CF can cure some weird probs. i didnt experience any flickering....yup just checked, CF 2.

Ozymandias

And it seems that I've got ALL of your flickering... :donzingof
Maybe I downloaded some kind of 'Recycled Paper Mario'...

terrell

If I'm not mistaken, the problem with flickering is a core problem, not a problem with the plugin. At least, that's what it says on the official issues page: http://www.smiff.clara.net/emulators/pj64/issues.htm .

I don't think the flickering issue is as bad as a problem when you enter the house with the spining roof. I can't see a thing in there.

Of course, it could be the ATI Rage Pro built into my all-in-wonder card. (I use it for making video clips.) When I have time, I'll check it on my NVidia card.

ES Guess what other color you forgot...

q2klepto

last time i checked Apollo worked for Paper Mario without the flickering seen on PJ64

Apollo v0.02 binary
Paper Mario (U).zip
and Jabo_Direct3D.dll from PJ64 1.1 (im not sure if 1.2 or 1.3 are better)

this is what i was using to play Paper Mario..i havent played it for long so i dont know any bugs or crashes..but from what ive seen the flickering is gone, sound works fine, runs fullspeed and is stable

Ozymandias

I'm trying to finish Paper Mario with 1964 (Jabo plugin) and there is only flickering on some places. The rest of the game runs great!

OP
D

DaniGrrl82

Apollo didn't work for me at all, it wouldn't load any of the settings.. where can I download Jabo's plugin? Everywhere I go just tells me to go to his website, but I can't find the plugin anywhere.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
DaniGrrl82 said:
Apollo didn't work for me at all, it wouldn't load any of the settings.. where can I download Jabo's plugin? Everywhere I go just tells me to go to his website, but I can't find the plugin anywhere.

Jabo=co-author of PJ64, its part of PJ64, hence its with PJ64. Clear? :)

OP
D

DaniGrrl82

well then.. to the guy who said he played paper mario on PJ64 with Jabo's plugin.. it didn't work for me.