What's new

Problems with video plugins (Project 64)

Madcapper

I'm having trouble with significant graphics problems while playing Zelda OOT. Using PJ64 version 1.5 with the default Jabo's Drect3D6 1.5 graphics plugin.
I'm attempting other plugins but I've been unable to get them to work. I've been working at this for several weeks trying to figure things out on my own, using the User Manual and FAQ documentation before posting here.
I can't seem to figure out how to install and use a different plugin than the default plugin. I'm assuming that the ones I'm trying to use do not have any compatibility issues with the Project 64 emulator because they are some of the recommended plugins listed in red at http://www.smiff.clara.net/plugins/index.htm (via hyperlink from the Project 64 web site). The plugins I've attempted are:

- Daedalus Graphics
- Glide64
- glNintendo64()v.0.2.1

After downloading these files to my Project64 folder I started getting a lot of nasty messages when clicking 'Settings' in the GUI. The first message I get, which is relevant to the Daedalus plugin, is 'Unable to read IniFile from disk.' Right after that one I get a second message, relevant to Glide 64, saying 'Failed to load plugin.' I don't get a message (at least initially) for the glNintendo plugin but I get a message when trying to use it. The message says, 'NV_register_combiners not supported, combiner support disabled.' After clicking OK, I get a second message saying 'Project64 has caused an error in GLNINTENDO64().DLL. Project64 will now close.' I found no information in the documentation pertaining to combiners or on how to enable/disable them. So to sum it all up, I'm dead in the water. The graphics glitches I'm running into while trying to play Zelda are too numerous to describe in this post. The game is semi-playable as is but I'd like to correct the graphics problems if possible so I was wondering if someone could help me. I'll include my computer's specs:

866MHz PentiumIII running WindowsME. Sound card is an Intel(r)82810E Graphics Controller. Also, if anyone is familiar with this particular video card and happens to know of a plugin to optimize performance with it, I'd sure like to know.
Much appreciated.

RTTLHeD

Your graphics card is only 4 megs.... I think the minimum for PJ64 to run is 32 megs ..... I would get another graphics card.... Check http://www.Pricewatch.com for the best price.....
GForce cards seem to be the best....
Good Luck !!!:!!!: