What's new

2 discs??? (zelda)

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
another zelda related thread. I noticed the other day that the Resident Evil games fore the GC are all 2 discs. could this have something to do with why the graphically enhanced Zelda game was poulled and repleced with the cartoonish look? think about it though. would Zelda be Zelda if it was split up onto to or more discs. there is just SO MUCH to do and so many items to get that it wouldn't really work too well. . . would it? the only way i can see it working is if it was a Light world and Dark World disc.

thoughts?

Mingo3k

Mingspeed!
my thoughts

im thinking that the cel shading made the game smaller, as the game i think is on only 1 mini cd thing :S

and that the preorders come with a second disc with OoT and URA zelda in one! :D

ive heard its just gonna be a direct port :(
damn the big N :p

RatTrap

GODLIKE
nah.. that's not in any way the reason.. they simply wanted to make something new and more "straight" to the point (meaning to their main audience).. instead of trying so hard to make everyone happy..

the old 64DD game that was in development but never was released since the 64DD didn't do as well as they hoped it would do.. is no secret these days i guess.. i think you've seen the videos of the "grown up" link fighting ganon.. but never knew what the hell that was from..

it's a nice game though.. kind of reminds you of Zelda 2 for the NES.. i guess they felt it didn't do good with the rest of the zeldas though.. stands out abit too much.. just like Zelda 2 did..

i'm not sure if their planning on releasing the bonus discs in the US or EU.. but in Japan their getting it already i think.. they get that "unfinished" (kind of).. game.. + the N64 zeldas.. kind of a nice deal if you ask me :).... well.. you will actually need those other 2 to understand the whole Zelda story if you are new to Cellda :).. VERY nice game though.. stands imho above metroid prime.. and you guys who have played prime know how good that game is allready :p..

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Actually, I think that what bothers Tri-Force is disk-swapping, since there was quite a bit of backtracking in the Zelda games.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
i do believe your talking bout the GBC games.. i'm talking bout namco and a sertain fighting game :p..

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Miyamoto don't want games in 2 Mini-DVDs. Mario Sunshine is one example. SFA-DP is another (Rare did it, Miyamoto supervised it), and Metroid Prime (Retro did it, but Miyamoto also supervised it).

Last edited:

RatTrap

GODLIKE
sry.. half of your post didn't make sense to me..

not sure exactly what you mean.. maybe you could refrase that wich you said..

anyways.. bout the 2 disc thing.. i doubt very much that you can speak for miyamoto.. there is simply no need for 2 discs in that game.. even if the game used a diferent type of textures it would'nt be needed.. textures are pretty easy to shrink down these days.. even alphas are.. since these days with the rendering engines used in GC and modern day consoles you have easier and faster ways of doing alpha and normal texture blending.. not as much is needed.. it's not like the PS1.. and just because a texture is big.. doesn't mean it's big in filesize..

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
"and that the preorders come with a second disc with OoT and URA zelda in one!"

So does this mean they won't sell Oot and Ura seperate ever?
for those unlucky enough not to get the first batch thats rather sad...

Macca

Sayargh said:
"and that the preorders come with a second disc with OoT and URA zelda in one!"

So does this mean they won't sell Oot and Ura seperate ever?
for those unlucky enough not to get the first batch thats rather sad...

At the moment its only a limited edition given to the first people in Japan who preorder Zelda:GC. What they do in the future only time will tell

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ok this is weird, when i first clicked on this thread, Macca's reply looked like the picture attatched...i clicked on it and it led me to the same thread but with a different reply for Macca. what the hell happened here!!!!!

tbag

lol looks like a unicode error like japanese unicode
anyhow i hope they release the special OoT in a bundle here in Australia eh Macca ;)