What's new

This is getting annoying.

Dominator

It is not like this happened once or twice. But once again, when looking at some UHLE related release, I find out offending things.
When my SHLE hacks ain't ripped, I see my ini file ripped off.
There again, my whole ini file ripped off. The only contribution? All authors credits removed.

I have myself been using some other authors patches but as far as I know, I have always left credits in there but also brought in the biggest contribution.

I know how long and boring it can be to patch a single rom and I have spent a lot more time doing this than working on SHLE or any website (first UHLE ini file released back in feb 1999).

And it is not even like anyone ever emailed me asking "May I use your patches?".
Ofcourse I have never heard : "May I use your whole ini file, take off credits, piss on you, and lay down your lil sister man?".
But hey, we're just half way from this. And it is not like I can't be reached, unlike many contributors.

I know end users do not really care as long as they get what they're looking for. But if you ever contribute to the scene, there will be two possibilities :

1) You spend some time trying to get some results you'll share for free.
2) You'll blatantly trick end users and authors a way or another.

So if I cannot change what's been done already, hopefully some of you will consider this and take the second option off their minds.

As a matter of a fact, if you feel like such a post is useless then ...
- Do not complain if some people do not go open source.
- Do not complain if some people do no share their infos.
- Do not complain if some people quit the scene.
- Do not complain if you get a lot less innovation than you could get.

And if you consider that this is all fuss for nothing, pick up the original Epsilon's ini file and see what you'll get with UHLE. 15 playable games to the max.

nuff said. This is getting boring. Really.

ShadowPrince

Oops.
You are right 100% here.I'm terribly sorry for that.
Honestly,i put file that was posted by raziel,and never checked inside of it.Nor i taked credits away from it.U can check it on forum,
the posted file and file,distributed with alpha,identical.
As one,who slightly familiar with uhle source and patching system,i can only be amazed by the amount of work and time,that u put in creation of ini.
Another time,i'm TERRIBLY sorry for this misundersanding,and using this opportunity,i want to ask u, if i can distribute your latest ini with uhle alpha.
If you'll request it,i'll remove ini immediately from zip file,without any comments.

OP
D

Dominator

Thanks, that's fine (atleast with you). I am glad to see you understand that I couldn't be pleased with that.

As for using my ini files, yes, you can use and distribute them all with your releases.

ShadowPrince

Dominator said:
Thanks, that's fine (atleast with you). I am glad to see you understand that I couldn't be pleased with that.

As for using my ini files, yes, you can use and distribute them all with your releases.

Thanks alot :).
I just hope we can solve all possibly future conflicts in such a nice and civilized way.

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester
Sorry and sorry again...

I´m really sorry...
Is true, I send this file to Sahdowpri in one of my files and this file was taked from an UltraHLE hack (of L@G). Sorry Sadowpri...
Next time I`ll check better this and any other files before send it (I promise...)
Good luck. :)

Raziel64.