What's new

TR64 Ogl ver 0.7.4 source

icepir8

PM from Flea
Could I bother you for the source to 0.7.4? Mupen64 on Mac OS X uses your graphics plugin exclusively, so I thought it would be nice to have the latest version ported over. Thanks.

It's nice to be ported. :)

Flea: Here you go. and anyone who wants to port it.

Cheers!

Icepir8

oDD

/me odd
Wow thanks Icepir8! Considering this is the only good OpenGL plugin around its great that you've shared the source due to portability. Its also going to be great to learn from. :) Thanks for sharing your hard work man.

Fritti

Cool! Thanks, IcePir8, both for your time and your willingness to share!

/me goes off to check portability on FreeBSD...

--Fritti

kallu

Blight, any luck porting to linux??
it would be great if you could share your ported version!

Fritti

Yes it would be - I'm not making progress on porting the Windows source to FreeBSD, I'm too much of a Windows/GL noob... Porting a linux plugin would probably be much easier.

--Fritti

kallu

well my goal was never to port a graphics plugin to work on linux or irix for that matter. i was hoping to find a working plugin and port it to work with this virtual reality library called freevr (ww.freevr.org). so my project was to have a N64 system to run in virtual reality rooms(CAVE), like the one we have here at the University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign. so that u can actually play games in a 3d room.
but now i cant find a plugin to work in irix or linux. with the time pressure i am under, i cant afford to start porting from scratch. so i was kinda hoping someone would be willing to share their source.

This is a purely academic project and I would give full credit to anyone who helped.

blight, is ur previous version, 0.5 h open source?

Fritti

As for me, I'm also trying to find a 'working' plugin for Linux/FreeBSD, for various versions of working. Even if it doesn't yet do much but run some PD demos, it would be nice to see if mupen really works on FreeBSD.

And credit where credit is due of course, that goes without saying.

--Fritti

Fritti

I dunno, haven't tried. I guess it will. Call me a purist however, I'd really like to have a native FreeBSD binary...

And yes I tried to port the sources, but I got lost in the windows.h defines. There are too many of them Windows specific, HWND handles etc. being especially hard to port. Like I said, I'm a Windows/GL noob, but I do know C.

Anyway, it's ok if you want to wait with releasing your stuff -- you did the work, and it's already most appreciated by many linux users (or aren't you the one who ported the current graphics plugin version?).

--Fritti

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
kallu: as Blight have already explained, you'll prolly need to rewrite all initialisation code so you don't need his little file with sdl initialisation, and you'll also need to make a new input plugin i guess (not sure...)

Well anyway i guess source code of graphic plugin will be available one day or another, i'd like to integrate it in official tr64 source code so that it becomes easy to port new versions as they come out. Currently i'm too busy to work much on emulation projects, i hope it'll be better soon....