What's new

ShadowPrince add z64 support.

ShadowPrince

It's supported ,u can see files with such extension in rombrowser.
And i just added this extension to load rom dialog.
And ,afaik,it was supported in original Uhle too,just change extension to something like v64.

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
actually z64 was not supported in the original uhle, but i cant just change file extensions, i have to use tool64 to switch from z64 type file (big endian), to the v64 (byteswapped).

?

gokuss4 said:
actually z64 was not supported in the original uhle, but i cant just change file extensions, i have to use tool64 to switch from z64 type file (big endian), to the v64 (byteswapped).

Ya sure dod, coz Ive changed the extension before and has worked perfectly, whts that big endian ya talkin bout?
:!!!:

Cyberman

Re: ?

David_Hayter said:
Ya sure dod, coz Ive changed the extension before and has worked perfectly, whts that big endian ya talkin bout?
:!!!:

Endianess... refers to the byte order of how things are stored in memory. For example if you had an array of 100 unsigned short data objects. that's 200 bytes.
Little Endian stores it this way:
0 1
LSB MSB
Big Endian Stores it this way:
0 1
MSB LSB

So.. as you can see the values are stored ifferently in memory the same is with binary data in files.

Cyb

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Re: Re: ?

Way to confuse them Cyber. :) The byte's significance is not altered. The MSB (most significant byte) is the part of the word which is largest. 0x12345678, the MSB is 0x1234. MSB First (aka Big Endian), stores it as you see it, 0x12345678 where 0x1234 is memory location 0 and 0x5678 is memory location 1. LSB First (aka Little Endian), stores it swapped, 0x56781234 where 0x5678 is memory location 0 and 0x1234 is memory location 1. The purpose behind this goes back to the growth of numbers. When a number surpasses the maximum value of its storage type, it needs to do one of two things. Either it overflows or it spans another byte. The idea with LSB First/little endian, is that you can easily span to the next memory location without changing how the number is stored. That was the original purpose of swapping it. Fortunately, those days are over and we have fixed data types. The artifact remains however, and we have endianess issues. Big Endian/MSB First is the best way to go because it is "human readable".

-Azimer

Cyberman said:
Endianess... refers to the byte order of how things are stored in memory. For example if you had an array of 100 unsigned short data objects. that's 200 bytes.
Little Endian stores it this way:
0 1
LSB MSB
Big Endian Stores it this way:
0 1
MSB LSB

So.. as you can see the values are stored ifferently in memory the same is with binary data in files.

Cyb