What's new

URA ZELDA!!! Cue fanboy jealousy ;)

blizz

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=3679

Reports are coming in from all over the place that the new Famitsu Weekly reveals a huge bonus for Japanese gamers who preorder The Legend of Zelda: Kaze no Takuto. We now have a scan of the page from Famitsu Weekly confirming the existence of this Bonus Disc.

The first people to preorder (rumor has it limited to 100,000 copies!) will receive a bonus disc that contains The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the never before released Ura-Zelda, and information and/or videos of F- Zero GC and Biohazard 4. The scan slearly shows the game selection screen that allows you to choose whether you want to play Ocarina or Ura-Zelda.

It is currently unknown whether Ocarina of Time has been upgraded at all to take advantage of the GameCube hardware, but this is the full and complete game. Ura- Zelda is the expansion pack for OoT that was in development for the 64 Disk Drive, but was never released. It is essentially a remix with new dungeons and possibly other new content.

Preorders for The Legend of Zelda: Kaze no Takuto begin on November 28 in Japan. Naturally, supplies of the bonus disc are limited. No word on whether Nintendo of America will have a similar deal when the game is released here early next year.

naturally I will have to obtain a copy of this game, hell will freeze over if Nintendo did this in Europe ;)

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Blizz, I thougth you know how Nintendo does every release.
Nintendo would have released a "NEW" game (OoT) that includes Ura-Zelda together. Then, they would release another "NEW" game called Majora's Mask with ANOTHER copy of Ura-Zelda. :D
Just joking. It will be cool if this happened in Europe too (I'd definitely sleep in front of the shop until they open just to get that game!)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
ra5555 said:
and maybe they will have the Tri-Force in this version of OOT :p

IF infact this is the ura-zelda that was supposed to be the addon for the 64DD, then i know we'll see something different (AKA ocarina pedestal w/jabu :)) Can't wait to see if it's in there like it is in oot (hidden, need a GS to see, very buggy area)

Macca

So the rumors were true :)

this will be so so very amazing sweet, especially if the translate ura to english :) also i'm reading that there may be a slight chance on mm being included.

The googness of Oot lshal live longer! :)

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Cooliscool, you should better wait for it's release before using that "favourite game" info :D

Josep

eyerun4phun
i wonder if they will allow american's pre-order such a thing!:) i've heard there are pleanty of parts in the game where reading isn't necesary;)

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I'm torn between which is the most excite-worthy... Ocarina of Time in finished form at last or the whole new NGC Zelda... truly magickal stuff. Thank Miyamoto-san's greatness that Ura will at last be seen. Gods... can anyone imagine trying to write a fair review on a brand new Zelda *combined* with the completed edition of the Best Game Ever (at last!)?!
I have... calls to make...
*Stalkid64 breaks down muttering about "Triforce"... then `Nam flashback style screaming about having to go through "that £(£^$££!!!!! water temple again...!NOOOOO!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"... then wonders how on earth the control system for the ocarina would work without the N64 pad...*

decription

I nearly pissed myself when I saw this originally. Like cool said it leads to many BQ in OOT areas working and useful. Also, I seriously doubt this but this does leave me wondering, why is the triforce in the Ura-Zelda logo?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yes.. this is going on my wish list for sure. :D

A hint of things to come, in, Ura Zelda.. :happy: (don't mind the name, i was messing with the rom in a hex editor). ;)

Decription: you know if you use the specific things lean code, you can walk around here with no problems? ;)

Last edited:
OP
blizz

blizz

Stalkid64 said:
wonders how on earth the control system for the ocarina would work without the N64 pad...*

use the C-stick to replace the c-buttons ;)

zero0w

Maverick Hunter
Not that this is a bad news, but the status of legitimacy of emulators are further questioned: given Nintendo can do re-release (even as a bonus disc) of N64 games like this.

btw, will they cel-shade OoT as well :satisfied ?

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
zero0w said:
Not that this is a bad news, but the status of legitimacy of emulators are further questioned: given Nintendo can do re-release (even as a bonus disc) of N64 games like this.
Nah, legally Nintendo can do whatever they want in that respect since they of course own the copyright and distribution rights for their own games. Which in this case is a good thing as with Animal Crossing.