What's new

GBA pics and news #5!!! Special 3D games

OP
Anchel

Anchel

The Xpaniard
WTF!!!
Something's going wrong here in Emutalk. I've already posted 4 pages and two of them have dissapeared!!!
I'll post more pics here when somebody tells me what's going on...

Cyberman

I wonder how big the roms are going to be for 3d things... most of the 2d games are relatively small. 3d does add some overhead. Anyone know if the libraries for the GBA and 3d stuff are OGL based or proprietary? If it's OGL (which would make a whole lot of sense) porting would be relatively easy for a number of games but the space limitation of the GBA roms would be an impedement.

Reminds me of someone asking if I thought FF7 might be ported to the GBA my response was "Well it's possible but the 512M rom might be a tad pricey and the cost of the MPEG4 compression engine and licensing fee might put it beyond mere mortals.."

Does anyone know if the GBA has an IO port one can play with on it? :)

blizz

missing pages? I dunno what's going on, (yeah yeah I deleted the Doom3 thread fuck you all who think about saying it)

just repost them

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Hm, the last pic on the right looks nice, I wonder if Konami is working on a MGS port to the GBA...

blizz

I dunno, I've yet to see a demo of the Blue Roses engine running with sound, although that shouldn't be too hard to implement,

Cyberman

DuDe said:
Hm, the last pic on the right looks nice, I wonder if Konami is working on a MGS port to the GBA...
MGS on the GBA.. that would be pretty cool I wonder how much space FMV's take up in that game? Quite a bit I imagine. I know FF7 with all the FMV's removed is like 240 meg which is still huge (laughs).

If the GBA has a port one might be able to have fun with a PSX emulator on it. If it had enough memory that is.. You need at least 4 megs or more to do it (sadly). I know there is an ARM version of FPSE. Back to the port, a ROM and USB support would allow you to run a USB CDROM with the GBA. Many USB CD-ROMs are portable so.. take your GBA and your old PSX games? :)

Cyb

OP
Anchel

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Disney interactive presents:
A copy of Donkey Kong Country with Tarzan instead of DK and another stupid game with waaaay too brigth colours from an american TV show