What's new

My reflection...

aprentice

Ok, i feel that I should post this to clear up some things and give people a better idea of whats going on here. I'll start with this, Me and Dominator arent against anyone working on the source at all like most people here think, after all, its not our source. You are simply misinterpriting most of our posts. We simply believe its wrong to take an emulator and not make any real changes. Its almost like taking 1964's source and making a few releases of gui changes. It doesnt really make sense. We are NOT stopping anyone by any means, we are simply suggesting. Emulation goes beyond the gui in my opinion, and if everyone releases their own gui changes, what do we get? We get a nice archive of the same thing with a different gui. If you are thinking about working on ultrahle seriously, then good luck to you. If you are in it for the fame and do not have any intentions of doing any real changes, do not expect me to respect you whatsoever. Sorry for anyone who got offended. This will be my last post on this board until the ultrahle2 release although I will continue to moderate this board professionally. Thank you.

Tarikoo

I agree with your opinion, its right.
But there were no more patch, hacked versions... for any emulator than for UltraHLE, in mostly of case for adding a more advanced configuration or fix know bugs.
And even if we can't get any emulation compatibility increase, a version including all these patch, know issues... is welcome.

And of course if UltraHLE 2 could really add a better compatibility, I will respect you so :). In all the case, it would be great that everybody find a common way, to not get multiple versions of UltraHLE.

By the way... try to add Pokemon stadium (e) 1-2 compatibility for my little brother ;)
(PJ64 not emulate Pokemon stadium 2 very well and my computer is not so fast lol)

One more thing :) I hate hacks, so in anyway, by adding a real correction for the games that previously needed hacks, you will add compatibility to the emulator ;)

Last edited:

mesman00

What's that...?
aprentice said:
Ok, i feel that I should post this to clear up some things and give people a better idea of whats going on here. I'll start with this, Me and Dominator arent against anyone working on the source at all like most people here think, after all, its not our source. You are simply misinterpriting most of our posts. We simply believe its wrong to take an emulator and not make any real changes. Its almost like taking 1964's source and making a few releases of gui changes. It doesnt really make sense. We are NOT stopping anyone by any means, we are simply suggesting. Emulation goes beyond the gui in my opinion, and if everyone releases their own gui changes, what do we get? We get a nice archive of the same thing with a different gui. If you are thinking about working on ultrahle seriously, then good luck to you. If you are in it for the fame and do not have any intentions of doing any real changes, do not expect me to respect you whatsoever. Sorry for anyone who got offended. This will be my last post on this board until the ultrahle2 release although I will continue to moderate this board professionally. Thank you.

totally agreed...that clears it up alot, as i know understand your point of view, and agree w/ it

crhylove

Banned
i look @ it more this way:

if your version doesn't do a whole hell of alot, then when uhle 2.0 comes out you're going to look like an ass.

i know someone who was on this path, and #emulation64 talked him out of it, and he then thanked people in #emulation64.

my only concern(s) are about source code (s) and their release(s). as the leaked uhle source would seem to be "public domain" given it's rather extensive exposure (for good or ill, we may never know), i think that all further uhle projects have somewhat of a moral obligation to leave their source accessible by the public. otoh, i can c how in a field such as console emulation this is a negative feedback loop given all the n00bs who will scream shit like, "x rom STILL doesn't work?!?!" so working on a project closed source (before a release) makes some sense.

i just think it would be a little ruthless to nab the leaked source and then put out your own uhle emu and not release the source at all merely because the code wasn't officially GPL'ed or some other OS liscence.

plus i think GPL code is plain good for the dev. of humanity....

rhy

Tarikoo

crhylove said:

i just think it would be a little ruthless to nab the leaked source and then put out your own uhle emu and not release the source at all merely because the code wasn't officially GPL'ed or some other OS liscence.

rhy

true.

Yeah

crhylove said:
i look @ it more this way:

if your version doesn't do a whole hell of alot, then when uhle 2.0 comes out you're going to look like an ass.

i know someone who was on this path, and #emulation64 talked him out of it, and he then thanked people in #emulation64.

my only concern(s) are about source code (s) and their release(s). as the leaked uhle source would seem to be "public domain" given it's rather extensive exposure (for good or ill, we may never know), i think that all further uhle projects have somewhat of a moral obligation to leave their source accessible by the public. otoh, i can c how in a field such as console emulation this is a negative feedback loop given all the n00bs who will scream shit like, "x rom STILL doesn't work?!?!" so working on a project closed source (before a release) makes some sense.

rhy

Damn right dude

Greevy

Resident Emusician

GRANDPA: That Doll is Evil!!!!
MARGE: Grandpa, you've said that about every toy
GRANDPA: I know, I just want attention.

What's the point ? I don't know.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
Greevy said:

GRANDPA: That Doll is Evil!!!!
MARGE: Grandpa, you've said that about every toy
GRANDPA: I know, I just want attention.

What's the point ? I don't know.

if you meant that to Aprentice you would have to read thru a few other threads that have been running a kind of missunderstood conversation about who has the right to what.. wich i doubt very much anyone understood..

this is a good way of making things clearer.. coz some ppl might have taken offence to some of the things that where said on that other thread..

ShadowPrince

I was thinking flaming from uhle2 team is over,obviously i was wrong,as now Rattrap joined to it .This is my answer to Aprentice post and some of more frequent things that were told.
Me and Dominator arent against anyone working on the source at all like most people here think, after all, its not our source

Thanks alot,i was thinking other way for a moment.

We simply believe its wrong to take an emulator and not make any real changes.

What is real changes ? U know ,it's funny to hear that from guy,whos responsible for gui changes in uhle2.

We are NOT stopping anyone by any means, we are simply suggesting. Emulation goes beyond the gui in my opinion, and if everyone releases their own gui changes, what do we get? We get a nice archive of the same thing with a different gui. If you are thinking about working on ultrahle seriously, then good luck to you. If you are in it for the fame and do not have any intentions of doing any real changes, do not expect me to respect you whatsoever.

What i understand from here,u're suggesting me to stop,but if i stop,u will not "respect me whatsoever",which is a real shame :).
Alittle bit confusing.
And no,i not doing it for "fame",as u trying to make it to look.I sure u're part of uhle2 team NOT for fame either,
or NOT as one,who try to take credit for others people work in your team.Am i wrong ?
As for now,i dunno any Uhle clone,that supports zipped archives,and have zipped cache for rombrowser.So i really dunno what "nice archive of gui changes" u're talking about .
When uhle2 will be out, it'll be another story.

I did it with hope it will improve things and be usefull and did in fact put ALOT of work in it.Too bad i get flames from people like Aprentice ,bjz or Ratrap,i didn't wanted to see it getting so nasty.If u feel,that i offend u in some way,i'm really sorry.
Thank u.

P.S. Rattrap,seems that some people have very short memory.

zero0w

Maverick Hunter
This discussion becomes very confusing.

First, since the rights of using the UltraHLE source code is still unclear, I understand no one could control the development or forking of the project; even though it could be a bad thing in the eyes of many users or emu authors.

Second, talking about respect, I think the emu authors who deserved great respect, namely Epsilon and Reality Man for the UltraHLE project, have never shown up in this forum - to be respected and greeted by others. As a result, I am not sure too many people code for respect, especially for the more competent programmers out there. Although respect is good for morale and community support, it shouldn't be the deciding factor for excellent code. Knowledge, skills, user feedback and perhaps some paypal support may do better.

Third, I am not sure if it's appropriate, but crhylove had caught something here. The truth is the hype over an improved version of UltraHLE is so high that the pressure putting on developers are different from other relatively less known projects (And I am not talking about simply emulators, but also other software projects in general). It is probably inevitable. Now the question is, does the hype have negatively impacted the developers? Only they can tell, but clearly the demand and voluntary user feedbacks become so huge that maybe the path of open source development become more viable and more effectively utilizing the whole community.

The controversy, if there are any, is that I see the UltraHLE Alpha adopted a release early and release often approach, while the UltraHLE 2 project adopted release when ready approach. They both have their merits, but for anyone who's familiar with the open source scene, you may have some hindsight of what's gonna to happen down the road. If preventing project forking or side releases become such a high priority in the eyes of developers, then a GPL open source approach would be better. After all, how many projects can one utilize so many voluntary feedback testers readily available?

mesman00

What's that...?
ShadowPrince said:
What is real changes ? U know ,it's funny to hear that from guy,whos responsible for gui changes in uhle2.

yah...but they are doing a whole hell of alot more than GUI changes...but enough of this nonsense

Greevy

Resident Emusician
You know what ?
I thought this board was much fun and cool before everyone started to panic on everything.

"don't do anything else with the uhle source if you can't make something else than GUI modifications".

"i'm leaving 'cause i've got everything".

God this is getting gayer and gayer every day.

I mean, if you don't like, let's say, what Shadow Prince did with UltraHLE, then don't download his release.

No ones gives a fuck what you think about what he did, if you like UltraHLE Alpha, then download it, shut up, and have fun. (And even say that what he did was neat could be nice for him).

Now, before everyone starts flaming me, you have to know that:

1. English isn't my primary language, so it is somewhat harder for me to explain my ideas.
2. Let's say you don't like this reply, and you want to tell me that it sucks to think the way I do, well, justify it !
3. ren, this reply isn't about what you said, it's just about the whole current BS that is going around lately.
4. I've got a cold, and it sucks.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
lmao@shadow..

Ask Aprentice how much i've been sticking up for you Shadow.. and don't go trying to say i flamed you.. because what i said earlier had nothing to do with you what so ever.. it was to reply to what Greevy said making it look like Aprentice made this post just out of attention.. wich he didn't.. he made this post because him and I had a long discussion about what was right and what was wrong.. you can call this a formal apologi to the comunity.. wich had missundestood both him and DominaT0rs comments.. wich led most ppl to believe that they felt that they ownd the uhle source.. wich of course they don't and also do not even think they do..

they have more merit to what they say then i can explain because i haven't been around enugh to know exactly everything.. but the apologi to the comunity still stands and that is what Aprentice's reasoning is.. an explanation to why a few things where said.. and why they could have been missunderstood..

if you don't like it Shadow.. i'm sorry.. but don't go saying i'm flaming you because in this group i seem to be the only one defending you and your emulator..

furthermore.. this topic is going way off topic.. like i've stated b4.. my simple 5 lines of text earlier had nothing to do with anyone so saying i've been flaming you is just a bad step for you Shadow.. since i've never donne anything but defended you in IRC while we've discussed what's going on in ET.. wich is something i'm not sure i will keep doing..

peace..

ShadowPrince

which is something i'm not sure i will keep doing..

Keep doing it :).
Misunderstood several of your posts (bananas ,LOL).Sorry.
Peace.
p.s. i'd love to speak with aprentice on irc,for setting all this down.

OP
aprentice

aprentice

Let me get something straight, how do you know what im responsible on the project? I'm responsible for high level emulation, reverse engineering, gui, and much more. I played a major role in the compat improvement and your post makes me out to be a hipocrit. Also, how am i flaming you? And to answer your question, a real change is something that affects emulation. Im sorry this project got annonced to the public, It's my fault and i deeply regret it. What surprises me also is that even this post got misinterprited, I dont know how to make you people happy if everything i say is wrong. I think it would be best if the project is not mentioned anymore on this board. Thanks.

Edit: Also, its a shame shadowpri took a stab at me, I wasnt talking about his project specifically in my first post.

Last edited:
Nev4mind

aprentice said:
Let me get something straight, how do you know what im responsible on the project? I'm responsible for high level emulation, reverse engineering, gui, and much more. I played a major role in the compat improvement and your post makes me out to be a hipocrit. Also, how am i flaming you? And to answer your question, a real change is something that affects emulation. Im sorry this project got annonced to the public, It's my fault and i deeply regret it. What surprises me also is that even this post got misinterprited, I dont know how to make you people happy if everything i say is wrong. I think it would be best if the project is not mentioned anymore on this board. Thanks.

Edit: Also, its a shame shadowpri took a stab at me, I wasnt talking about his project specifically in my first post.

Just nevamind it dude, think yer doin a great job , keep on doin it, and keep critisism from other ppl away, know whatta mean

deekay2

i gotta say shadowprince, that it didn't sound as though apprentice was referring to your version of uhle, probably to that faker l@g. Anyway i think its great to have ur version to use we and it could still be a while till they release uhle 2.0

Hi,

If you are referring to the thread I think you are, then it was myself who made the first post, stating that I was disappointed in what Dominator had said in a part of his post, (although I was not on my own as I believe that mesmann posted directly after stating that he agreed with me).

I do understand how a post can be misunderstood, due to a lack of being able to put tone of voice, facial expression and numerous other qualitys of humans that make up how something is said. This is probably the most annoying side of message boards, added to the fact that a numerous amount of posts can be posted in reply before you have the chance to point out the misunderstanding.

I do realise that Shadowprince wasn't mentioned personally, but you surely realise that it must be difficult for him to not take offence as, apart from yourselves he is the only other person posting releases based on the source code (if there are other versions then I apologis for not knowing of them).

However, if Dominators original post was not a stab at Shadowprince then I accept that I have indeed misunderstood the intention of the post he made.

TigerTron

plain and simple..

if you feel hit by his comment.. then you probably are just making trivial changes to just acomodate your status on the scene..

but.. if you aren't doing that.. then you have no reason to feel offended.. and therefor have nothing to complain about..

so eather you take it to your heart.. and then we know where you stand.. or else you just let it pass and know that it wasn't meant for you..

nuff said?..

hmmm.. seems TigerTron switched computers last night.. and now that i went to type i got her login instead.. welp.. this is me RatTrap not TigerTron.. i'll just relog in to prove it :)..

Last edited: