What's new

What's this? Fog?

milen

Great work.Please say that you don't use nvidia extensions. I think the real power of opengl is portability and compitability so nvidia extensions are real drawback

OP
icepir8

icepir8

milen said:
Great work.Please say that you don't use nvidia extensions. I think the real power of opengl is portability and compitability so nvidia extensions are real drawback

At this time I don't use any extensions. I may decide on supporting nVidia extensions in the future but not to the exclution of other OpenGL video cards.

Cya Icepir8

crhylove

Banned
u da man.

well, i guess rice/schibo are still around, and i even saw azi post the other day, so......

u A man, anyway... :D

can't wait to try this plugin out!

rhy

good job :) about the Nvidia extensions, why not just implement them and allow for the user to select whether to use them or not? such as a check box in the config box or a line in the ini? cause I know there are games that allow for this...

*OFF TOPIC* UT2003 is much better using OpenGL ;) */OFF TOPIC*

but yeah just a suggestion

karth95

Lord of the Cats
it's hard to stop....

it's hard to stop using extensions when you start. This feature or that widget is so easy in extensions, it'd take way too much work to do it without extensions, so I'll just put it in as an extension and when I get around to it.... ;) that was always my problem, never got around to re-doing it the "right" way.
At some point, someone probably asked this, but what video card are you using, Ice?
--Karth

milen

I agree it'll be great to use extensions as option. In the moment your plugin is the only one that runs on nearly all videocards without lose of quality.Yes speed is not that great but with fast cpu is acceptable. Jabo made a big step with his plugin version 1.5 but still has some incompitabilities.I know it's hard to work without extensions and it's your choice Ice, I only said what's my opinion.Whatever you choice your plugin is very good.I'm happy with every new version of plugin no matter if it works or not for me.

PS:sorry for my English.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
icepir8 said:
At this time I don't use any extensions. I may decide on supporting nVidia extensions in the future but not to the exclution of other OpenGL video cards.

Cya Icepir8

So do you use multipass rendering to do multitexturing? Or do you just mean any non standardized extensions? I would assume you would use GL_ARB_multitexture and GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat.

Some drivers do not support the IBM one, while some drivers do not support the ARB multitexture (hence you have to use multipass).