What's new

somethings not right with FF8-PC

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
dude, just got a brand new geforce3 and i decided to install the new drivers 23.11 (i didnt like using them before). and before, FF8 used to fail the 8 bit paletted textures test (in FF8 config), and the text windows looked all crappy and stuff, but now that i installed more modern drivers it dont fail the test anymore, all the tests pass. i was glad to see this when i booted up the config.
but when i played the game the colors were all jacked and totaly fucking messed up. what the hell is going on? is it DirectX 8.1 or the new nvidia drivers thats causing this?
if anyone eles has noticed these same problems then please let me know. any feedback would help, cause i know there never going to release another patch for the game.

my specs: p3 700, nv20, winME, sb live.

Olger901

Banned
I have the same prob 2 with my Geforce 2 MX 200

I had the same problem to what you should do is go to www.3dchipset.com and downloadthe 12.41 version of the drivers then the game will work fine.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah, while I was playing FFVII again (for PC) I downloaded the 12.42 drivers and temporarily installed them for the Geforce 3, even though I have a Geforce 3 Ti200 which wasn't supported by the 12.41 drivers, The original GF3 drivers worked to fix the problem. The problems I had for FF7 were different from what your talking about for FF8 but I'm sure it will work the same way.

sakura

Hey

Eagle said:
Yeah, while I was playing FFVII again (for PC) I downloaded the 12.42 drivers and temporarily installed them for the Geforce 3, even though I have a Geforce 3 Ti200 which wasn't supported by the 12.41 drivers, The original GF3 drivers worked to fix the problem. The problems I had for FF7 were different from what your talking about for FF8 but I'm sure it will work the same way.

At first FF7 PC can only run on Voodoo,so if you want to play with TNT or GeForce ,you have to download a patch.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
I am having the same problems and it's pissing me off that I'm gonna have to downgrade just when the newest drivers were working for me perfectly... (23.12 @ Win Update)

OP
B

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
god knows why eidos decided to optimize the sound for a yamaha sound card (like anyone owns the damn things). all i know is the game sounds horrible with my default midi driver.