What's new

:emutalk:

crhylove

Banned
i've been getting ALOT of this all morning:

Warning: Too many connections in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/emutalk.net/httpdocs/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

what's the dealio? is the new emulation64.com website eating too much bandwidth?

also, though the site looks awesome, it is damn slow for 56kers.... anyway to lessen some gfx loading times and still have it look that sweet?

peace.

rhy

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
that is probably because Emu64 is now linked up with EmuTalk and everyone that accesses Emu64 is logedin as a unregestered user :(

not very good

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah, this sucks, we really need to tell Keith & Martin we dont like it. Some of us (namely me) dont visit Emulation 64, or at least not very much, and we dont want them bogging down our server. Especially since their server is bigger and faster than this one.

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Yeah I took that off a day ago, and the session count for emu64 was different then the emutalk session count, but I do agree there seemed to be a lot of visitors at times. Maybe something needs to be reconfigured with the mysql, I don't know. Something for Redah and Brav to figure out. :D

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well, at least your working on it :) To be honest with you I like the idea of linking the two sites like that I just dont think its practicle with the way the two servers are set up.

Cyberman

Keith said:
Yeah I took that off a day ago, and the session count for emu64 was different then the emutalk session count, but I do agree there seemed to be a lot of visitors at times. Maybe something needs to be reconfigured with the mysql, I don't know. Something for Redah and Brav to figure out. :D
Hmmm is the new site set up for IE or is it setup for WC3 compatibility? Seems more IE only.

Most of the images are slightly misaligned and text appears in odd spots with Opera. However it's legible! :)

Cyb

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Yeah all Design questions need to go to RatTrap. All I did was the php code, which will work on all browsers :D

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It would be really good if all html code were to work the same on all browsers...
But sadly, that isn't the way it is :(
The XHTML are supposed to solve this, although i find it kinda hard and haven't used it, so i don't know.

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
another gripe:

and this is just as serious and condemning.....

every time i click an attachment in mozilla it tries to save the php file, and not the actual attachment file. :plain2: i'm pretty sure mozilla has the capability to d/l real attachments since i use it on every other site just fine. hell if mozilla works on mp3.com, (which is a horrid interface), then it oughta work in :emutalk: , no?

i actually have explorer still left on this machine for the sole purpose of opening emutalk attachments.... it'd be nice to finally delete that little obnoxious blue e once and for all.

rhy

Cyberman

Re: another gripe:

crhylove said:
and this is just as serious and condemning.....

every time i click an attachment in mozilla it tries to save the php file, and not the actual attachment file. :plain2: i'm pretty sure mozilla has the capability to d/l real attachments since i use it on every other site just fine. hell if mozilla works on mp3.com, (which is a horrid interface), then it oughta work in :emutalk: , no?

i actually have explorer still left on this machine for the sole purpose of opening emutalk attachments.... it'd be nice to finally delete that little obnoxious blue e once and for all.

rhy
That worked in mid summer correctly in opera then someone changed something again and then it stoped working.. just gives me the same ol attachment.php nose thumbing ;)

As for XHTML.. why can't they just use XML and toss out HTML? HTML is no longer needed or necessary (except for backwards compatibility) and XML is much simpler to handle things with. Of course formating might be a pain with it :)

Namely XML is generic and you would have to use predefined information for the browser to figure out what is what in the document. However it would allow you to put a lot of data in one spot and not have to hope between pages as much. Menus etc are much easier to do in XML.

Cyb