What's new

Zelda MM

viperx209

hey guys, im haveing trouble playing Zelda MM i dont know if this is a common question or not but when i use the lens of truth it runs slow... i usely get 60 or 59 fps with no drop but when ever i pull out the lens of truth it slows down to a 10 to 15 fps..... any ideas?

Underscore

Avoider of payment
It doesn't happen to me, and he has a Geforce card (mine's a Kyro 2, so any hideous incompatibilities should be happening to ME), so I'm assuming it's either his settings or the Celeron 2, and I don't know anything about Celeron 2s.

OP
viperx209

viperx209

My settings\plugines are: Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5, Jabo's DirectSound 1.5, N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.81

Graphics: Anisotrophic filtering 2x
Antialasing
1024 by 768 32bpp
Triple buffer Vsync
force filtered rendering

ROM: Counter factor 1

Sound: Sync game to audio

Does that help?

Sheik

=(o_0)=
It's got nuttin to do with the graphic card, it's a core problem afaik. It's his celeron, no doubt. :thumbsup:

Underscore

Avoider of payment
I'm afraid I have to agree with Sheik on this one. Try turning off anti-aliasing, anisotropic and filtered rendering, and set counter factor to 2. If that doesn't work, it's your celeron 2.

squinky

Ok. Select the rom settings tab in the graphics plugin configuration (If the tab isn't there, unselect "hide advanced settings" and open the graphics plugin configuration thingy again)
, and unselect "self rendered textures".

MatthewWK

Awww There it is :p searched everywhere for someone with the same problem i had ! i de-selected what ya said and now mine works GREAT too :p Thanks alot! oh and its not the Celeron because im running an AthlonXP !

monkeyhat

squinky said:
Ok. Select the rom settings tab in the graphics plugin configuration (If the tab isn't there, unselect "hide advanced settings" and open the graphics plugin configuration thingy again)
, and unselect "self rendered textures".

you, sir, are a genius, thank you
the lense of truth also works if you set the CPU to INTERPRITER instead of recompiler under settings / advanced, however it makes alot of other things slow, like the snow in goron-land.

Mastahlex

Mister squincky is not a total genius

This solution is good, but not perfect. You will not be able to make photo's with this setting off. And you really need to make a photo in the water world. So mister squincky is smart, but not a genius. :nemu:

Dogman5

----------
I use a fairly decent setup:

Pentium 4 - 1.5 GHz
GeForce 2 MX 400 Card (meh)
640MB RDRAM
Windows XP

And I usually run MM at the highest 32bit resolution possible, EXTREMELY smooth with hardly even slightly a dent, but I get ALOT of slowdown when I too pull out the lens of truth.:getlost:

squinky

Actualy, I am a genius (!) , becouse I had the same problem and I figured it out for myself :geek: (in your face Nintendo!)