What's new

Problems configuring Plugins on win95

R

rico001

When trying to configure emulators with plugins I always get the following error message:

<B>The Procedure entry point IsProcessorFeaturePresent could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll</B>

Based upon this error message do I need a new computer to run emulation with plugins?

I do not have money.
I have a pentiumII 333 celeron with MMX support

Ultra HLE and Corn have worked in the past with a wrapper.

Could a person rewrite the plugin code to get around this?

rico001 said:
When trying to configure emulators with plugins I always get the following error message:

<B>The Procedure entry point IsProcessorFeaturePresent could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll</B>

Based upon this error message do I need a new computer to run emulation with plugins?

I do not have money.
I have a pentiumII 333 celeron with MMX support

Ultra HLE and Corn have worked in the past with a wrapper.

Could a person rewrite the plugin code to get around this?

ya gotta be nutz, its not so easy to just take the source and change it...
Anyway, why dya still have win95, get a win98 copy and update!!!

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
in Uhle alpha 1.0.5 the dialg Plugins NOT WORK, only show and select plugins, but NOT WORK :)

OP
R

rico001

Re: And so...

because I have 56k and do not want to bother right now

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
with that spec of computer you aren't going to get very high speeds with emus that use plugins, yes you do need a new computer if you want to use the newer emus;

as for corn and Ultrahle they do not use plugins (none that are currently released) what you've got hasn't anything to do with the plugins, its due to your windows being out of date. i think.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Re: And so...

CoDeX said:
in Uhle alpha 1.0.5 the dialg Plugins NOT WORK, only show and select plugins, but NOT WORK

check out the whatsnew.txt on this UHLE release. It specifically says that plugins do NOT work yet.

OP
R

rico001

i know

I am aware that plugin support doesn't work yet, I have read the readme and your replies however, I get this same error when using 1964, I am just stating this as a possible error for the developer as the code does not seem to support this low-end computer config.

This UltraHLE, 1964, and, PJ64 all give the same error
just so emu authers know,

I do not have a good enough card anyway to probably ever emulate n64, unless they invent a fast software mode. I once barrowed my friends faster computer and logged in here,

I do not plan on n64 emulation with this computer which is why I got a Cube.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Then why the hell did you even try to run n64 emulation if your computer sucks big-time?
As for that error: if you wanna get past it...UPGRADE!!!!, there's no other solution

I mean OS.

?

supergamer said:
I know, win95 has some problems with some plugins. Maybe running windows update will help.
Yeah, but anyway, the guys PC cant even stand an update!!!! , and besides, having a Cube, why would ya try to emulate n64 on yer PC!!!

Doomulation

supergamer said:
I know, win95 has some problems with some plugins. Maybe running windows update will help.
supergamer, why don't you just keep quiet when you don't know what you're talkin' about? :plain2:

Kernel is the CORE of windows! It cannot be replaced! Not even by windows update! :plain2:

Knuckles

yes Kernel32 can be updated! on the service pack 1 of XP its remplace almost all the windows dll and Kernel too.

Sure

scyther said:
yes Kernel32 can be updated! on the service pack 1 of XP its remplace almost all the windows dll and Kernel too.

Yeah, it aint like the linux kernel wich has to be recompiled and stuff, in windows, just one more file (though vital)

OP
R

rico001

Yes

You don't have to get mad at each other.

I was just hoping the UltraHLE authors could change this for future releases though they probably won't.

------------------------------------------------------------
God is God and we are not.
But he still loves us and died for our sin.
He rose again on the third day,
May we all follow Him today, and pray.

OP
R

rico001

end of topic

So error message=would need new processor/computer unless author changes emu which I doubt they will do.

Doomulation

scyther said:
Oh sure...that would mean shutting down the whole system.
It cannot be replaced while running windows... :plain2:
But wtf, whatever...