What's new

Now a Sequel to FF7?!

Eagle

aka Alshain
No! That ending was awesome. It leaves you wondering and thinking about it. They cant ruin it with a sequel. Jeez, people today have no imagination. The whole point of inconclusive endings is to let you imagine your own ending. Its more fun that way.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Eagle said:
No! That ending was awesome. It leaves you wondering and thinking about it.

Personally i found that with FF8, FF9 erm wtf was that Monkey boy all about :plain:
FF10 was awsome which brings me to FF7 i found ultimatley {}:{

blizz

FF7 was Square at they're peak and it'd be sound from a money point of view to do a sequel

personally I'd prefer a remake, which all new CG and FFX quality graphics, so they could work out the inconsistencies in the game

but if they did a sequel I'd be happier if it was just set in the world after the end of FF7 and just hinted at the future of the main cast of characters

Gorxon

Administrator
Eagle said:
No! That ending was awesome. It leaves you wondering and thinking about it. They cant ruin it with a sequel. Jeez, people today have no imagination. The whole point of inconclusive endings is to let you imagine your own ending. Its more fun that way.

Yeah, I totally agree....what is it with Square and sequals nowadays, I mean, FFX was bad enough as it were so it doesn't need a bloody sequal (well, it was an ok game, but the FF series are seriously going downhill (although I really thought they would correct that after FF9....this is my personal opinion tho)

"Artwork/Poster" from game:

990-yuna.jpg

Um....there is somthing just not right with that picture :!!!:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
A Game I would like to see better developed would be ODT
i loved that game Heres wishing for a PS2 Version ^_^

Gorxon

Administrator
The Gentleman said:
A Game I would like to see better developed would be ODT
i loved that game Heres wishing for a PS2 Version ^_^

Hmm....what is ODT?

One thing that would be cool is a CT port to GBA...that is the best RPG i've ever played...everything was perfect, music, gameplay, fighting....

As for the monkey in FF9, ok, they would have been wise to choose a little bit different character, but I like the superdeformed characters better than real, and bringing the series back to the nes/snes era with black mages, red mages, white mages and whatnot would be awesome (unfortunately I've got not much hope in that...and yeah, I know there is some kind of white mage, black mage in the latest FFs too, but it isn't the same thing)

blizz

man I miss Psygnosis, they were my favourite UK group

especially since they brought Alundra over to the UK, that game was RPG goodness on a stick of gold, which you can only touch wearing a golden glove

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
The Gentleman said:
Or Die Trying

Heres a Review though slightly unfair i thought :p

yeah i remember that game, i won it in a competition for knowlege of the psx a few years ago in official playstation magazine :) never liked it though

as for a FF7 sequel, HELL YEAH! FF7 rocked, its what got me highly addicted to the series

Stez

Gorxon

Administrator
Stez02k said:
yeah i remember that game, i won it in a competition for knowlege of the psx a few years ago in official playstation magazine :) never liked it though

as for a FF7 sequel, HELL YEAH! FF7 rocked, its what got me highly addicted to the series

Stez

Yeah, FF7 rocked...that's why I hope it doesn't come a sequal to it. It deserves to be a game with no sequals (the 8, 9, 10 and so on ain't sequals just to get no confusion) It was great to play, is great to play and they should leave it at that. I have many good memories of playing that game and making a sequal would ruin it all....it just wouldn't be the same. It's like if someone went out making another book in the lord of the rings triology...people wouldn't be happy bout that either.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Not only that the staff at square has changed, the sequel would most likely be as bad as the more recent ones.

FF7 had so many hidden intracacies. The man in the pipe started it. He had a tattoo but they didnt tell you what they meant till more than half way through the game. In addition, they keep hinting at the fact that Areis dated the guy who Clouds identitly really was (the black haired guy from Soldier). These little things you wouldnt recognize until the second time you played through it. Also it broke the norm. Before that, all the main characters seemed immortal. But in FF7 they get you almost emotionally attatched to the characters and then they kill one off. Its quite a shock and makes it an awesome storyline.

If they made a sequel it would most likely be the "same old" that you see in FF8 - FF10

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
Eagle said:

If they made a sequel it would most likely be the "same old" that you see in FF8 - FF10

ah, thats why its only a rumour, why do you think they stopped making earthbound for n64?;) But if square is able to pull of a ff7, i don't see why they couldn't do it again, with a few new things. YES they haven't proved it with much of their rpg's lately, BUT i'd still leave some hope for them;)

Gorxon

Administrator
I totally agree with your last post Eagle.

Josep said:
ah, thats why its only a rumour, why do you think they stopped making earthbound for n64?;) But if square is able to pull of a ff7, i don't see why they couldn't do it again, with a few new things. YES they haven't proved it with much of their rpg's lately, BUT i'd still leave some hope for them;)

Well, I wonder if Sqaure really could...but, I would rather see them making a totally new game (FF name or not) than making a sequal which might ruin my experience of the original FF7 forever...

My hope is that Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles will be a step away from the series and a step back to the old FFs at the time Square made games on the Snes. I don't really have that much hope for the title either, but it would be cool if they could pull something really good out of the hat this time. ;)

Cyberman

Josep said:
Ummm .. not to be picky but I don't think the people who thought up FF7 are with Square anymore. They've stoped using independant writters as well from what I hear. I find it silly that you expect the same group of people to come up with fresh new ideas all the time, it just doesn't happen. Change is what makes things work, I have seen Square steadily become like Microsoft in how they approach things.

You need new story lines and lots of different things to make good games especially RPG's. Front Mission 3 isn't too bad. FF Tactics was a lot of fun. FF7 was greate. FF8 inspite of what everyone's been whining about it was quite good, considering it was a big departure from the norm. FF9 I hated it was too short and boring. Who the heck wants to complete an RPG game in 12 hours?! geeesh. The fun of an RPG is learning things about the world and people involved not rushing through it like it's Ikari warriors.

Cyb

slashkirby

ah yes FF7!

final fantasy 7 is a great game! great plot and great um....a.....stuff! yeah! stuff!
even tho I only beat disc 1! I could not beat disc 2 because a was borrowing disc 1 from my friend! also it was for PC!:)

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah the PC version of FF7 compared the the PSX version was quite the opposite of FF8.

FF7 the PC version kinda sucked cause they just did a direct port and the movies were just ugly due to resolution differences. With FF8 they got smart and re-made the movies in High resolution and added more textures and some junk all for DirectX which actually made the PC version better.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ahh...bah, who cares about the movies...they were all just as bad made for pc as the gfx itself, so it wouldn't matter...
Actually, i found ff9 rather boring...it kinda got boring after leaving alexandria, shucks.

No...even if they would make a sequel to a great game; i suppose it still would be a "bad" sequel, since they won't copy the original story-line and stuff...

IF they would be to do it...do it good!
I'd hate a bad FF7-2... :plain2:

Shame on j00 square...ff7 was great, yet the newest have been worse except for gfx and perhaps audio, but that's not what matters. It's the gameplay!

Sure hope they could do a "good" ff game again...

Gorxon

Administrator
IF they would be to do it...do it good!

Well, I really doubt they would spend as much time on making it as they spent on making FF7, and most likely it will be a rush-it-out-and-make-easy-money game...:plain: :eek:

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
Gorxon said:
Well, I really doubt they would spend as much time on making it as they spent on making FF7, and most likely it will be a rush-it-out-and-make-easy-money game...:plain: :eek:

hehe
/me slaps Gorxon a bit
dude, you aren't the one that makes ff games??;) then don't say the whole thing about money, maybe its true, but that can only be rumors!:)