What's new

how do i divide a game?

Link15

i was wondering if there is some way that it is possible to divide a game into 2 or more parts so the files are a smaller size .........and then be able to put them back together....?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
if i understood your question properly, you want to split the file up into smaller parts. If you want to do that, use WinRAR or WinACE to multiarchive the game.

Or

Or if ya are in such a rush there's always the chance to split em with lxsplit (linux) or hjsplit or ????split (ya can find a lot on google for example), and then ya can join them again from a dos window even

OP
L

Link15

since you posted that i downloaded winrar and im still not understanding how to divide it yet.

Allnatural

Re: ...............

Link15 said:
since you posted that i downloaded winrar and im still not understanding how to divide it yet.
On the General tab, enter a value to use for the volume size (in bytes).

OP
L

Link15

i dont know for sure how you are getting to that, but i can get that same window open by going to commands: add files to archive. when i go to that it gives me the same window as in your pic, but some options are gray backround instead of white so i cant click on them and switch them, and split volumes is included in that. maybe this has something to do with the fact that i just downloaded this program instead of having the actual thing.

Re: ..................

Link15 said:
i dont know for sure how you are getting to that, but i can get that same window open by going to commands: add files to archive. when i go to that it gives me the same window as in your pic, but some options are gray backround instead of white so i cant click on them and switch them, and split volumes is included in that. maybe this has something to do with the fact that i just downloaded this program instead of having the actual thing.

Just do what i said.... look, if ya want, download winace whoch is a little betta than winrar, then download any filesplitter, just look for filesplitter into google or some, then, once compressed the file, split it and yer done

OP
L

Link15

thank you ............i got it figured out now...........before i was getting confused cuz i thought i was supposed to use winrar to divide them.................but now that i realized i just needed a file splitter i got it figured out...........thanks again.

Kinda late...

Link15 said:
thank you ............i got it figured out now...........before i was getting confused cuz i thought i was supposed to use winrar to divide them.................but now that i realized i just needed a file splitter i got it figured out...........thanks again.

No, with both winrar and winace ya can split files , but since it was gettin hard for ya, then the best choice is goin thru the easy one and using a file splitter...
:happy:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
afaik, winrar's better than winace imo.
It compresses better too boot.
Link: just right-click da things you wanna compress and select "add to archive". Then the dialog will show up exacly as allnatural posted.

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Ejem....

I think you should try to read the manual. Is for something that people take the time to write it ¿right? :sleepy:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
True...
If the people that write the readme takes the time to write that... :sleepy:
Some are just too lazy...but hey, it isn't too hard to understand it yourself.