What's new

Favorite

Slougi

What is your overall favorite emu? And why? :alien:

Mine is Gens because after all these years I'm able to play SonicCD on it again :D
(My Mega Drive was stolen along with my MegaCD :pissed: I wish I could find the guy who did that!)

Last edited:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Nebula, the emu that plays CPS2 and Neo-Geo games. I use it generally for the Neo-Geo purposes, Neo-Geo rocks.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
yea Neo-Geo is really cool.
But my favorite emu is Zsnes easily. There are soo many great snes games.

My favourite N64 emu's are Nemu and Project64. (Haven't had good luck with 1964 :( ). I do prefer emu's that are a little more unique from the others. With that I mainly mean is its own gfx plugin.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
has to be cvgs. i got illegally off the net, but considering how every emu is free i dont care. still it was so compatible, all my old psx games ran so good. shame the bastards couldnt be asked to make it compatible with winxp. arses. :angry:

Acorn

ZSNES. It seems to be one of the few emus that no one can complain about not being "finished". It has almost perfect compatibility, every feature I could think of right off hand, its quick, and finally its extremely easy to use.

mesman00

What's that...?
i would have to say NESticle. Even though i don't really use it anymore (RockNES instead) it's what got me into the emulation scene a few years back. When i first saw an NES game on my computer I felt like a little kid again. All my favorite NES games, without the f**king blinking light and flashing grey screen. I was so happy!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
my first and previous fav is ZSNES, i followed it starting from 0.400 release (or even earlier).

i think its obvious what i like now;)

Eagle

aka Alshain
sk8bloke22 said:
has to be cvgs. i got illegally off the net, but considering how every emu is free i dont care. still it was so compatible, all my old psx games ran so good. shame the bastards couldnt be asked to make it compatible with winxp. arses. :angry:

Wait a sec, what CVGS are you talking about? My fav is EPSXE cause it runs all the PSX games I care about. I like PJ64 but there are only 4 games on Nintendo 64 that I ever play.

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
The SMS emulator Meka. It had some funny easter eggs included such as in the options it had 'Mario is a fat plumber' and it was ticked. If you tried to untick it a message appeared saying 'You cannot deny facts'. And it named after one of my favourite games ever, Wonderboy III (Meka was the name of the first boss).

The Shadow

I would have to say UltraHLE was my favorite when it was the l33test emulator in the N64 scene several years ago, now PJ64 is the l33test in my humble opinion, long live the king!

:pj64: :alien: :pj64:

Last edited:

gokuss4

Meh...
arcade: winkawaks
gameboy: TGB Dual
GBA: visualboy advance (just had a huge upgrade core change on sound in v0.7.1) sounds a lot better
N64: PJ64/SupraHLE
sega: Gens
SNES: Zsnes

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i dont like epsxe that much. i know it is the best psx made. but quite honestly i liked the featureless cvgs, every game ran, no configuring the gfx or sound, just plays straight. the most real experience ive had out of an emulater. i even started buying games for the psx, despite having sold mine ages ago. epxse its way way way way too fiddly, i h8 that. also i still prefer the non-d3d look given by cvgs (although u can do that on epsxe). but now i hav to use epsxe cos those bastards forgot about win2k based OS's - grrrr.