What's new

UltraHLE too fast! (Zelda)

straight

I've looked at various FAQs and the readme, but I can't find anything about how to restrict the speed of UltraHLE (I'm probably missing something obvious).

It's usually not a problem (Mario, for instance, runs just right) but Zelda seems to be too fast: Link zips around almost too fast to control and the menus skip by 2 or 3 at a time unless I tap the key very carefully.

Is there a way to correct this problem?

I don't have a particularly fast computer - Celeron 500, Voodoo3, 256 MB.

Knuckles

well, as you can see in my specs below, my PC is almost like your, and Zelda dont seem to go fast , well, for me, he's going normal (since I overclocked) But I dont think there is a FPS or speed limiter (maybe latter).
And what UltraHLE are you using??
UltraHLE 1.49(original)
SupraHLE
UltraHLE 1.2(L@g fakes)
UltraHLE 1.0.0 (Shadowprince's one and the only best for this moment)

Tarikoo

scyther said:

And what UltraHLE are you using??
UltraHLE 1.49(original)
SupraHLE
UltraHLE 1.2(L@g fakes)
UltraHLE 1.0.0 (Shadowprince's one and the only best for this moment)

"UltraHLE 1.49 fr" is not the original UltraHLE (it is the french release, and personaly I don't like it, even if I am french, because design/programmation is very untidy), UltraHLE 1.0.0 IS the original one, and Shadowprince's one is UltraHLE Alpha 1.0.0

Spektro_Man

Zelda runs just fine for me, except maybe for the sound fx... they suffer from a strange lag, no matter what version of uhle I test... it is all the same for Zelda... BUT i guess I have discovered the reason. It may be 'cause of the "voodoo3 texture fix" (I have a voodoo 5500, and must use this fix or see the damned corrupted textures)... when I remove the fix (and allow the f*cked up textures to show up) the sound and speed are flawless. But as soon as I put the fix for the v3 again, the sound suffer the lag. Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?