What's new

ultrahle help w/ winxp

crewde

ahhh well this is the first time i tried using an emu since i upgraded to XP pro. and guess wat? it's not working :( i'm on winxp pro + voodoo3 + amd 700 processor ... i usually would know wat to do in this situation, i guess i'm just not familiar with some things on XP. anyways, i get a BLANK error message wen trying to emulate a rom. is there a specific glide2x.dll i should be using for xp + uhle?

Knuckles

Well,im on XP an its working. And I didnt put the compatibility mode.See my system below!

OP
crewde

crewde

yea but u dont have a voodoo card like i do... any suggestions anyone?

OP
crewde

crewde

compatibility is set to win98 yet i get the same error...

anyone running a voodoo 3 card on winxp wanna help me? like send me wat glide2x.dll file u are using... maybe i have the wrong one...

here's a screenshot:

Tarikoo

You MUST use the glide wrapper of 3dfx, so if you got your voodoo correctly installed, do not put a glide2x.dll in ultrahle directory, UltraHLE will find the good dll in your windows files.

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
Off topic: if the thread starter is THE crewde, i would hope that you, crewde, have learnt a good lesson over the HydraHLE affair :plain2:

on topic (more or less) does UltraHLE need ONLY a glide wrapper to run?

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
Tarikoo said:
You MUST use the glide wrapper of 3dfx, so if you got your voodoo correctly installed, do not put a glide2x.dll in ultrahle directory, UltraHLE will find the good dll in your windows files.

lol glide wrappers are for ppl who dont have 3dfx cards, this dude does, i think u need the newer glide3x.dll for ultrahle so it will work on a v3+

oh yeah and get the latest drivers from voodoofiles.com

Stez

Last edited:

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
Doomulation said:
Ummm, am i missing something here?
Ultrahle uses Glide2x, not 3x. There's a diffrence.

sorry, i pressed the wrong key sorry, hope ive been a help 2 u crewde :thumbsup:

Stez

OP
crewde

crewde

with or w/o the glide2x in the uhle folder i still get the same crap... i have the newest voodoo3 drivers supplied by M$ (MS now makes them b/c 3dfx no longer makes them) ... should i use M$ drivers or some offbrand (hack) ones at some other sites?? and if so, which one.... whoever has xp + voodoo3 and has uhle working, can u tell me wat drivers u have... possibly send them to me? thanx alot... i love all u guys

and yes, i am THE crewde. tho i may have ripped code early on in suprahle, (and yes i admit it), i stopped abruptly and went to using only my own code, that is why i switched named to MiMiX (if anyone really wants to know);) and yes, i did learn my lesson. i hope i didnt leave on the wrong foot with anyone... esp. Dom, duncan, and smiff... they were all so kind and are great people. its good to see them still involved...

now back to my problem! lol... can anyone help me? i am anxious to get my good old uHLE to work. now that i look at it, none of the emu's out are working either... voodoo3 sux:(

Spektro_Man

Ok, try to go at voodoofiles.com and get the X-3DFX 1.08-04 drivers for winxp. they are the best drivers available for winxp w/ glide2x/glide3x support. Using these drivers I was able to play Snes9x w/3dfx acceleration (it enables BF and other stuff, makes the Snes emulation real nice!) and also played UltraHLE (the official version by RealityMan & Epsilon). Even tho I had just played Mario64, it did worked fine.

OP
crewde

crewde

k thanx alot ill try that later tonight after im done d/ling 8 mile;) lol i hope this works! i wanna get back to playing mario!

OP
crewde

crewde

i hate to break it to you but X-3DFX 1.08-04 is voodoo 4/5 ... i gotta voodoo3:( anyone else got a suggestion!?! thanx anyways man

Spektro_Man

the 1.08.04 drivers is a v4/5 driver, but is said to also work in v3s. I don't know anything about it, 'cause I got a v5. But since the other driver worked for you, so don't bother and enjoy mario64!:D