What's new

What kinda emu should I start on next ???

What kinda emu should I try to make next ?

• Playstation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sega Genesis

• N64

• Playstation 2

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • XBOX

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Gamecube

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Sega CD

• Neo Geo Pocket

• I don't care , just make another one !!!

• Other

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Read topic.

I know some of them might not be doable but still I would like to try it :)

If you choose ''Other'' please specify.

Last edited:

Slougi

I'd love to see a good, solid, stable, fast, compatible, easy to use Saturn emu :)
Maybe a bit much asked hough ;)

OP
Z

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
To Acorn : GB will be done in about three hours i'm finishing it as I'm typing this. GBC is also in a really far stadium but it sometime hangs , a bug which I need to fix before releasing it. GBA has been put on hold but can play some homebrewn demos and three commercial games.So quite frankly I ain't that busy (read very busy :) )

To Slougi : The Saturn is really quite hard to emulate but seeing Satourne it might be possible.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
I voted PS2, r u up to the challenge?

from what developers say it seems to be the hardest console yet!

OP
Z

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
As a matter of fact pj64er I've found someone who has been working on such a thing already but it's still in a very early fase and needs to be tested really well.

But seeing that it's possible to emulate a PS and a N64
a PS2 emu will eventually be emulated.Because a PS2 is actually a PS and a N64 combined but it also features DVD which makes it even harder but all in all I take it we'll see a PS2 emu popping up somewhere between the next two and five months as my new associate has already been working such an emu.

I'll ask him to send me the emu so that I can test it and see if it works if it acually works you might see the link to it here next week or so.

pleeeeeeeease try the saturn :) NOBODY seems to be able to emulate it at a reasonable speed, there HAS to be a way!! plus i need a reason to start buying saturn games again :)

OP
Z

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
To sytaylor : The Saturn is one of the hardest to emulate correctly (speedwise that is) It is really hard to make it run at a decent speed , but emulating the GFX isn't that hard(It's hard but doable I mean by that) but I still don't know what to do next so keep the votes coming.

To Hartex : That is even harder then making an actual Gamecube emulator for on the PC (which itself would be a real tough job considering that the Gamecube uses mini DVD's which also have some kind of dots on them (too prevent piracy) which would cause making the emu unable to play them IMO.

To Teamz : I hope you didn't actually mean that remark caus coders don't like it when you call them just a plain hacker.
Don't ever mention such a thing about me again , please.

To RPGLover12 : Now I don't know if it's actually as easy as you tell me but I might try it someday.Thanks for the support.

To everybody : The GBC emu dubbed the GBC Player (Origional huh ?) will be released in two days as promised I've started the final testing on it but want to assure that it works perfectly so wait for 2 days and see.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
Zero said:

To Hartex : That is even harder then making an actual Gamecube emulator for on the PC (which itself would be a real tough job considering that the Gamecube uses mini DVD's which also have some kind of dots on them (too prevent piracy) which would cause making the emu unable to play them IMO.

Don't you want a great challenge? :D ;)
No just kidding... Never thought you would try that, it's just what I want :)

Gorxon

Administrator
Make a SNES emu on the GBA :)

I know it prolly won't run fullspeed, but it would be fun although. (and maybe too much work for that it's worth it?)

Or, you could start on yet another nes emu, or sms, GBC or whatever emu on the gba.
Just some suggestions.