What's new

FirePay.com and Fraud.

icepir8

:angry: :pissed:

People I come to you with a disturbing story. My oldest son has been defrauded out of $2300 USD by someone using FirePay.com. This person or persons setup an account on FirePay.com using his debit card information and address. This person was able to transfer $2300 USD out of his bank account. There was not this much money in the account so now his bank account is overdrawn by almost $2000 USD.

When he went to his bank with this problem the bank pretty much said "Its your problem with FirePay.com you have to go after them to get your money back, by the way you are now overdrawn and have several nsf fees to pay also."

FirePay.com is operated by SureFire Commerce, Inc. SureFire Commerce, Inc. is a Canadian based company. Their response so far has been we will looking into it and if you are right we will credit you bank account with the funds removed by us.

Great! Almost one month later still the same story. No one is doing any thing about it. The local police wouldn't even take a report. The bank took a dispute form but nothing is being done by them. Its my sons problem. By the way when are you going to deposit the funds to cover your overdraft?

Now we go to the lawyers. Shudder. They need a retainer before they will do anything. excuse me, but he can't pay his bills with out buying money orders as his checking account is overdrawn.

Now my request is that people stop using FirePay.com for their own protection. Also anyone else who has a similar problem with Fires.com please contact me. So that we can work together in resolving the our problems. As my attorney tells me the more voices we have the quicker we can get this fixed.

Thank You for your support in this.

Humbly Your Friend,

Icepir8

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
thats not a word, DK64;)

anyway, try not to put any money online the net is still not very safe for $$$. there are still many methods of paying money to people around the world. dont let convenience lead u to losses.

Acorn

Pj64'er, true, all to true : /

But there are trustworthy places. And much of it depends on luck.

I'm on of the ones that paypal screwed over, for me it was only $150 though. If I had messed with paypal first, I'd have learned my lesson : / But my first try with on-line money-changing went well, with Webcertificate.com. The one problem I ever had with them, I e-mailed them about and they solved at their expense within 24 hours. Thinking that another reputable company like Pay-Pal would do the same.... I accepted a payment through them. After carefully filling out all forms correctly, and doing everything that pay-pal required then for verification, I had pay-pal transfer the funds into my bank account. Needless to say, its been a year and I have no $150 :angry:. What I did have was a few weeks debating with pay-pal, and finally having them erase my account and pretend that they had never dealt with me. Oh well.

Its best by far to use more... off-line means, things that you can actually call up and have some legal recourse on.

Martin

Administrator
Real sorry to hear that Icepir8. :( It sure is a lot of money and I hope you'll sort it out eventually. Best of luck. :)

/me glares at Firepay.com :pissed:

Gorxon

Administrator
I hope you kick their butts! :pissed:

I wish you the best of luck, and i hope your son gets his money back.

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
Dunno if you have this where you live, but here in Québec we have TV shows where they track frauders.

You call them and they might help you, even if it doesnt land on the TV show.

Twas just a suggestion!

OP
icepir8

icepir8

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Rejoice! FirePay.com has striaghted everything out. Money is back whaere it belongs. Over draft charges were credited. So, Icepir8 is a happy camper again.

Thank you all for your support!

Cheers!

Icepir8

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Icepir8 congrats on getting it back !!! :)
But like Slougi said : The Internet isn't really secure for buying stuff online yet. :( And I have to agree with him.