What's new

Crazy Taxi Shot - BLOODY AWESOME!!!

Flash

Technomage
Plz. tell what fps you got in Crazy Taxi and your PC config.

P.S. It's good to see DC emulation progressing at lightspeed.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Flash said:
Plz. tell what fps you got in Crazy Taxi and your PC config.

P.S. It's good to see DC emulation progressing at lightspeed.

told me about 10fps. That's blazing fast considering the complexity of the system and without a dynarec.

CyRUS-

cooliscool: yep, fires got that on his athlon 1800.
on my p3-850mhz laptop I get 20-30fps in menus and 5-6fps in-game.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
CyRUS- said:

Beautiful. Imagine a fully working super ultra fast dynarec (1964 anyone? :)) In icarus.. heaven.

Too bad i have a Dc already. :( Great job though cyrus. Be on irc later if ya can, i wanna talk some more. ;)

tbag

Greatest emu progress in like ages i cant wait to play DC games Cyrus your the greatest

Anyhow i hope you have more screenshots tomorrow or release Icarus ;) :cool:

CyRUS-

I'd love to be able to just release it but sadly things dont work like that :(
I refuse to release at a 6fps/ghz ratio and even then there is the whole notion of 'user friendliness' to deal with :)
(And I'm doing finals this year at uni so really will have to cut down the time spent on it annoyingly)

oDD

/me odd
WOW I never thought I'd see a dreamcast emulated. Great work fires and cyrus! Man I would love to see Sonic Adventure running. *starts drooling*

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
NEW UPDATE AT ICARUS PAGE

DOA2

One thing - Cyrus - Does the emu run sonic at all - I just think being sega's mascot it would be nice to see him in smooth 3D for the first time in emulation.
Oh, and one ore thing, are these games all ripped isos or booting from CD games???
And can someone set me straight is there such thing as a DC bios??

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
1 more thing - who is fire??? I had never heard of him i think he must deserve accolades as well it is superb work!!!

CyRUS-

Fires is one of the authors of TR64 and is well known in the n64 emu scene.
Grant64: Sadly I dont have sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2 doesnt run *afaik*. (but yeah it'd be great to see sonic running about!)
Secondly the method of running games is ripping from gdrom and either burning to cdrom and booting that or just converting the data track to iso and booting that from hdd. Hopefully I'll have time to complete the server s/w for my dynamic gd-rom reading via broadband adaptor via dreamcast!
CyRUS

Flash

Technomage
CyRUS- said:

It's faster than some old 2D games in MAME....

I thought about 25 fps on 2.2Ghz machine with dynarec core. Here goes the same with interpreter. So, let's make some conclusions:

1)Dreamcast emulation requires less horsepower than Saturn emulation.

2) It's possibly to get 25+ fps even on my old 550Mhz machine with dynarec.
I hope to see it in next three years :)

Really great work :thumbsup:

P.S. I dream about DreamHLE :D

Last edited: