What's new

Problem running UltraHLE on Windows XP

Tarikoo

Hi,

I got the following problem launching: original UltraHLE/Alpha 1.0.0/SupraHLE, with any glide:
When I launch a rom, I see the "CYCLE" and "FPS" changing but no image and no sound.
I am running Windows XP, and got the last DirectX and the last drivers for my graphic card.

Thank you very much

Last edited:
OP
Tarikoo

Tarikoo

sorry, I dont see the solution :( It's a while I am browsing the site, and what soes RTFM mean ?

OP
Tarikoo

Tarikoo

:cry:

dont find ^^ are you sure this problem is referenced here ? maybe I feel blind ^^ so if you know the problem help me a little more :colgate:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Download a glide wrapper, put it in your UHLE directory, and woilla, gaming galore.

OP
Tarikoo

Tarikoo

I know all that about the glide ^^ dont care. Got another problem :) :

When I launch a rom, I see the "CYCLE" and "FPS" changing but no image and no sound, I steel on the UltraHLE windows

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Tarikoo said:
I know all that about the glide ^^ dont care. Got another problem :) :
"dont care" means that you have done what I told you?
Anyway, have you checked if UHLE actually supports that game? How about your system specs, why don't you post them so we can tell what your problem is?

OP
Tarikoo

Tarikoo

Yes, the game is Super Mario 64, the romfile is okay, working on others emus.
I got this problem on my two configs :

P3 600Mhz
Hercules Radeon FDX 8500LE
512MB RAM

Celeron 800Mhz
Guillemot TNT2 Cougar VE
192MB RAM

Windows XP Pro, last DirectX and graphic card drivers on both.

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
I have the same problem in Windows XP, and the solution is simple. When the FPS are running just press ESC and then F5 (maybe you have to do it some times).
It always happen with the first rom you open. After that you don't have to do it anymore until you close the emu.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I have a problem myself.

Windows XP Home Edition, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, 512MB DDR SDRAM, ATI Radeon 8500, Sound Blaster Audigy Player, eVoodoo.

It happen with standard UltraHLE, UltraHLE Alpha, SupraHLE and all other variations of UltraHLE.

warning(xxxxxxxx): retraces pending counter reset
xxxxxxxx = String of numbers and letters, e.g. 800B8550

This error message appears shortly into any ROM, the ROM slows down incredibly and the error message repeats constantly. This appears in the debug output.

Anyone got anything to say about this? I've probably asked four or five times and never even gotten a response...

OP
Tarikoo

Tarikoo

Thank you Johann for your tip, but I am afraid it doesn't work :( on both my configs, I tried to repeat it many times but doesn't work, when I press F5, I just see the CYCLE increasing, and I stay in the original Windows environnement, nothing appear :(

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
hm... this is mostly a guess, but have you tried Compability Mode? Try to set it to Win98 or something... (I don't use XP myself...)

OP
Tarikoo

Tarikoo

I am using all glide wrappers gived with suprahle , I just test one by one, and had exactly the same problem with all.

I have Super Mario 64 US, EUR, and also Zelda 64 EUR, got the pb with all.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Go to Smiff's website and download the latest INI file for UltraHLE by TheCompany (my preferred choice). Place the INI in the folder with UHLE executable.

Open the INI and uncomment (take the "//" off) one of the resolutions listed, like this

// Use this line to set default 3DFX resolution
// just remove '//' from desired resolution line.
//resolution=320,240 // faster, but in a corner of the screen only
//resolution=512,384
//resolution=640,480
resolution=800,600
//resolution=1024,768
// Your desktop resolution needs to be set at the same resolution for
// these next three to work (but it seems you only need to to this once).
//resolution=1152,864
//resolution=1280,1024
//resolution=1600,1200

That should do it as long as you really do have a glide wrapper.

OP
Tarikoo

Tarikoo

Hm I conclude it quite a rom problem, after testing some roms the emulator worked with Mario 64 us, that I downloaded from ******, by pausing and restarting emulation, but not with the MArio 64 EUR and Zelda 64 EUR.

This is strange, I downloaded again mario 64 eur, and the problem stay, I must conclude this is an UltraHLE inbug, making some roms not lauchage correctly for some user on Windows NT 5. Other roms lauchable need to be paused and launched again, like said Johann, and it work.

If some body now more about this bug, and that it is not fixable for the moment, I hope it will be fixed by the UltraHLE 2.0

(Edited by me, to remove name of ROM site)

Last edited by a moderator: