What's new

GameShark Code Compatability: Expert Please...

GE Master

I haven't gotten a code to work on 1964 that works fine on my Gameshark Version 3.2 or 3.3. These aren't your typical codes, so I'm wondering if there is a problem because of that. It makes sense to me that a Gameshark codes should run on 1964 regardless but it hasn't for me. This has me scratching my head...
If someone can offer some advice or help it would be greatly appreciated. I sort of feel like I got "blue balled" because I'm so excited to see these GoldenEye codes run on the emu, but they won't work properly when the time comes. Thanks.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Well, 1964's cheat system is extremely buggy as of now.

Reason? Schibo is a lazy bastard. :p (well, that's what he told me :))

Slougi

What is the code you were trying to enter? Have u read the instructions on the 1964 Cheats site ?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
GE Master said:
I haven't gotten a code to work on 1964 that works fine on my Gameshark Version 3.2 or 3.3. These aren't your typical codes, so I'm wondering if there is a problem because of that. It makes sense to me that a Gameshark codes should run on 1964 regardless but it hasn't for me. This has me scratching my head...
If someone can offer some advice or help it would be greatly appreciated. I sort of feel like I got "blue balled" because I'm so excited to see these GoldenEye codes run on the emu, but they won't work properly when the time comes. Thanks.

Yes the cheats are not being accessed right by 1964 at the moment.

if you want to cheat in a game, via GS/AR codes.
i suggest you use pj64 1.5

OP
GE Master

GE Master

Great thanks for the feedback. Well, if I told Shibo how bloody amazing and jaw dropping 1964 is, would he be even more encouraged to fix up the compatiability? I just have to say, holy shit, 1964 kicks ass. I really cannot believe how Perfect Dark among the others, runs on my system. I showed some friends last night and they were like, speechless.

Well, my prob with PJ64 cheats are that the entry of codes is very unfriendly to me because I'm talking about 40 to 50 lines of code for some cheats. The format doesn't work well for me. Also, I do recall trying PJ64 first with the codes and yet again they didn't work. The defaults did, but not the new ones of mine. D'oh!!

Gent

Administrator
sounds like you had better dl 1.5 & see just how friendly it has become :)

& 2nd lol you sure these worked on the real ?

OP
GE Master

GE Master

Well, if you've played GoldenEye, you can trust me that these codes are worthy of seeing. Yes, they indeed work 100% on either a 3.2 or 3.3 gameshark with expansion pack. Some of the codes are playing cradle in multi or playing the back zone of the facility. Sweet, but need them on the emu really..

Gent

Administrator
ok well as i said 1964 you have no chance them working on 1964 ATM.

But have you tried them on PJ64 1.5 ?

Do they work ?

Have you even tried pj64 1.5 ?

OP
GE Master

GE Master

Yes, just to verify that they didn't work, I reentered a couple on PJ64 and no go. Frustrating yes. However, I can see a day (I desperately hope) when in fact these will run.

Can anyone tell me in terms I might understand, why a Gameshark will run these but an emu seems to be unable to? It's puzzling to me since some GS codes do work on the emu's. Thanks.