What's new

Help on no-sound saves!

Bafos

On pj64 v1.3 some rare times, the saved state is saved/loaded without sound. In games where there are no in-game saves it is devastating as you have to start the game all over again, unless of course you dont mind the silence.
I have started Goemon's great adventure more than 4 times and now conker's quest has been silenced too and I dont have the mood or the time to go through it again...
Is there anything I can do to restore the sound on these "corrupted" save-states?

Yoda

there seem to be a lot of no sound issues this week...
it is a known issue that sometimes the saves are loaded w/o audio. smiff told me something about a 'flag' and although i'm not too sure what he's talking about, i just save my game several times in different slots. that way, if one doesn't work, usually one of the others will.
i had to restart OOT last week and my new saving method allowed me to beat the game w/ no problems.

Moonlight

I ran into no-sound states a few times. Supposed to be fixed in 1.4 and 'till this comes out, the only way to recover from that is to use "natural saves" (in-game), reset the ROM and resume the game the natural way. At this point, it's possible to go back to using saved states 'till the next time the problem comes up.