What's new

I don't think lag's is a hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_great_d2

I disagree!!!
Compare SupraHLE to lag's version... is is quite different, not only in options and functionality but also in filesize. SupraHLE is a hack of UltraHLE, ofcourse a lot of the file is the same, they are both off the same source.
I am disgusted by this accusation, there is no good proof!!!
This should not be posted as a fact!!! Perhaps as a rumor, but not a fact!

oDD

/me odd
l@g's version is a hack of either the original ultrahle 1.0 or an early version of suprahle.. thats why its nothing like suprahle 1.1.3..

OP
T

the_great_d2

I am comparing. I have my CD I burn't of old copies.
Lag has options that no SupraHLE has, even if they are greyed out.
Also, SupraHLE has a different about menu.
Also, the changes that are implimented can easily be made by adding peices of code already in existance by others to the UltraHLE source.
As a programmer and a fan of hex editing, I don't see this as a mere hack of SupraHLE.

oDD

/me odd
the_great_d2 said:
Also, the changes that are implimented can easily be made by adding peices of code already in existance by others to the UltraHLE source.
As a programmer and a fan of hex editing, I don't see this as a mere hack of SupraHLE.

*sigh*

well as a programmer you should know that adding new menu options or modifying the about box is a 2 second hack.. any newbie with a tool like resource hacker or exescope can make those changes easily..

Lyzel

oDD said:
the_great_d2 said:

*sigh*

well as a programmer you should know that adding new menu options or modifying the about box is a 2 second hack.. any newbie with a tool like resource hacker or exescope can make those changes easily..

Prove it? what tools did you use?? Did you actually use the code and compiled it?? I would like to know how you came to this conclusion. No assumptions please.. just pure facts.

I got a hold of the UltraHLE 1.0 source, and I will see if I can get it to run with Visual C++..

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
I nominate oDD to be the first member to become a mod after 20 posts. and even as a NON programer here I even know that menu changes dont necessarly mean that something was done. all it means is that there is a new option added to the menu that you CANT EVEN USE. think about THAT one. I could do that too. maybe i'll just hack ultra myself and add a TON of menu options lake calculator and word processor and gourmet cook. then MY verson will be the BEST EVER!!!!???

can we close this just like the other pointless threads. this is an actucal request.

Status
Not open for further replies.