What's new

L@g & UltraHLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyzel

Hey guys,

I'm sure some of you don't really like L@g, and are thinking he's a fake because other people are saying he is... ? Even trying going so far to prove he's a fake by showing some hex examples of the code?

Can you actually believe that?! From the improvements that L@g has made to the program, they don't appear to be big changes, but mostly tweaks or small improvements. That means that the program will not change that much in length... Has any of you coded in Linux then made a small change to your program and notice that it didn't change that much in byte??

Couldn't it be possible that some of you are just basing all of this bashing on L@g as hearsay??

I think if the guy is legit, that he should be given a chance to prove himself. But he's not even allowed that. The haters just want the moderators to ban him? Isn't this the kind of stuff that drives other coders/programmers to quit?

I think the moderators are judging too quickly ?

Anyways, this is not a flame so please don't flame me back... I'm not saying that I support L@g either. I am quite capable of giving him a chance to prove himself. I also believe on equal rights... :)

:) :colgate:

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
as are we all ( i would hope) but you have to remember something. READ ALL OF EVERY POST!!! that is not in caps to flame but in caps because it is very important. L@gs emu compiles to be VERY VERY VERY VERY close to the verson of Uhle that was released. NOT close to the version that was leaked. Plus the fact that it compiles close to the original 1.0 at all is suspect because the chances of him using the same compiler are slim. but me not being a coder i have NO idea if he is legit or if he should just quit (hammer time!) but the thing i dont get is that if he used a hex editor then shouldn't the emu still work with UltraHLP? because it doesn't. even SUPRA worked with UltraHLP.

OP
L

Lyzel

Tri-Force said:
because i TAKE THE TIME TO READ ALL OF EVERY POST!!!
Just cause you read what others say on a post, does not mean that's legit....

The size of the file can be almost identical depending how many changes were made...

I do read all the posts that have been posted regarding the emulator :)

oDD

/me odd
lyzel its been proven many times by many ppl (including myself) to be a fake, if u want proof read every post in every one of l@g's threads, i cant be bothered explaining it again.. give it a break, l@g's hle release is over..

OP
L

Lyzel

oDD said:
lyzel its been proven many times by many ppl (including myself) to be a fake, if u want proof read every post in every one of l@g's threads, i cant be bothered explaining it again.. give it a break, l@g's hle release is over..

No, I am not convinced... Most of what I have read is either from people that don't know what they are talking about, or simply hearsay from others.

I would like to believe you, but I am keeping an open mind. If there are no real facts, then there is no way that I can fairly judge him.:bunny:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Lyzel said:
Hey guys,

I'm sure some of you don't really like L@g, and are thinking he's a fake because other people are saying he is... ? Even trying going so far to prove he's a fake by showing some hex examples of the code?

Can you actually believe that?! From the improvements that L@g has made to the program, they don't appear to be big changes, but mostly tweaks or small improvements. That means that the program will not change that much in length... Has any of you coded in Linux then made a small change to your program and notice that it didn't change that much in byte??

Couldn't it be possible that some of you are just basing all of this bashing on L@g as hearsay??

I think if the guy is legit, that he should be given a chance to prove himself. But he's not even allowed that. The haters just want the moderators to ban him? Isn't this the kind of stuff that drives other coders/programmers to quit?

I think the moderators are judging too quickly ?

Anyways, this is not a flame so please don't flame me back... I'm not saying that I support L@g either. I am quite capable of giving him a chance to prove himself. I also believe on equal rights... :)

:) :colgate:

What are you, some kind of a nay-sayer or something? You`re the one that starting babbling about UHLE2.0 being a fake without even bothering to check who the authors are, and now you're going to the opposite direction? Dominator has checked this so called "new" version of UHLE, and compared it to his own SupraHLE, and guess what, it's a "byte for byte ripoff", and that's the topic at #emulation64 on irc atm. If I choose whom to believe, I'd choose Dominator.

Mayco

L@g, lamers like you can stop the REAL development of a better ultrahle/suprahle. I am talking about dominater and his crew who are working on the uhle source code. I suggest you tell the truth and never come back to this emu64 comunity.

augias

Look, does it actually matter if it's a hack, or not?
The important thing is just that he makes progress, and he's added some stuff in the menus, as well as fixed some bugs...

And anyway, I thought it's easier to program using the source than to hack the original uhle.

Mayco

if he just changed some menus/icons/dialogs then it's much easyer to do it in a resource editor.

and wich bugs are fixed?

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
here is my "proof" when i used it it did someting on my machine that only Supra did and not Ultra. it had that stuipd GUI flash at the bottom the whole time that i couldn't get to go away. and before you start getting into a fight with me about "i do read the post but you have no real evidence" you should take a look at the post count of the people i am getting my info from. these ain't some noobie lamers trying to get attention. these are well respected members of the emulation community who KNOW what they are talking about and i DOUBT would have a reason to lie and bash what could be a legit attempt to give back to the community.

also , none of what L@g has done was his own work so far. now we have already caught one lamer trying to pass of a slightly altered emu as his own work. and we have ZERO tollerance for that kind of thing around here. if it's a hack, admit it and you might be all right. but if you hack something and say its your original work, the you're a lamer and need to leave.

i already said that if this DOES turn out to be legit (which judging on the evidence and the jury i doubt) then i feel bad for the guy. but these aint just some wanna be coders comparing the codes. this is the AUTHOR OF SUPRA seeing his OWN WORK reflected back to him when he does a comparison. doesn't that make you THINK JUST A LITTLE?

augias

Maybe DominaTor is a little envious that somebody was faster than him?
(OK OK, sorry, let's make peace...)

aprentice

No more l@g threads please! This is getting out of hand, everythings being repeated. I think all necessary info is in the previous threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.