What's new

Need some testers...

bjl667

C\C++
Alrighty people listen up:
I've been working on a UltraHLE enhancement project myself, that includes using 3dnow, to get alittle extra FPS in there. :D

Anyway I'll also include zip support & (Full OpenGL support soon), don't bug me much about this, if you think I'm fool-of-it, just try my version before posting please...

oDD

/me odd
bjl667 not to steal ya thunder, but I too have been working on an OpenGL version of UltraHLE.. :eek:

you can take a look at my version here: http://odd.parsout.com/ultrahlegl.jpg

how far along are you in porting ultrahle to gl? im nearly there, just a few combine modes and some depth testing issues and I should be done...

maybe another team needs to be created or there may be 5 versions of UltraHLE coming out soon? :cry:

also, why "Recode to OOP style"? that would be pointless.. sure it may make the code a little nicer looking, but it wouldnt make it faster and would take a LONG time to do with zero performance gain... first youll have to port it to c++ (not THAT different to c, but still) and then what classes are you going to have? a "Core" class? a "Video" class? i dont see the point.. :) the spaghetti code that is UltraHLE should be left the way it is :p

btw nice work with the addition of 3dnow... :)

Last edited:
OP
bjl667

bjl667

C\C++
Yea your right about leaving the code the way it is, I'm far from it being OpenGL only I just started learning OpenGL so its gonna be some time for me to do it but, I'll help me learn more about it. I think its kinda fun to learn something new especially OpenGL I like the syntax and all.. Well I gotta go, got work tomorrow =/, I also like how your progressing very nice..

Thanx :D

I'm mainly keeping this version I'm not gonna be releasing, maybe to few people who request it, I don't want to see too many versions out there also. Coding this may help me learn more about opengl.

Last edited:

oDD

/me odd
Originally posted by bjl667
I'm mainly keeping this version I'm not gonna be releasing, maybe to few people who request it, I don't want to see too many versions out there also. Coding this may help me learn more about opengl.

yer thats cool... :) if you want to learn OpenGL for your port, a site like NeHe's might help: http://nehe.gamedev.net He has lots of tutorials and it is a great way to learn GL..

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
yo BJl667 & Odd, why dont u join together, then your progress on UlraHLEGL/3dNow would progress a bit faster :)

Just an idea........

Stez

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Lets see if this is any better on my K6-2. :)

edit: for some strange reason i'm not skeptical about this one. It actually loads and plays all game uhle did. Nice job! :)

Last edited:

oDD

/me odd
Stez02k said:
yo BJl667 & Odd, why dont u join together, then your progress on UlraHLEGL/3dNow would progress a bit faster :)

Just an idea........

Stez

yer thats a good idea stez, ill have to see what BJl667 says... :)

OP
bjl667

bjl667

C\C++
[/me is at work]: Anyway I think it's a good idea for me to start my own conversion first see how it goes, but if you wanna contact me oDD, I run ICQ: 68814489 & AIM: bjl66731

Then we can talk about it.
Well enough with the chat I gotta go :p

(Also were in for some thunder-storms down here heh, and I don't go a battery backup so I might not be online until tomorrow. We'll see how this goes after work 0_o)

crhylove

Banned
why not just do an opengl plugin? the emu scene needs one, imho.... maybe you could just take the gfx parts of uhle and make an opengl 3dnow plug... that would ROCK! and be easier than a WHOLE DAMN EMU, no?

rhy

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
An opengl 3dnow plugin wouldn't be as effective as 3dnow implemented in the core. But an opengl optimized plugin aswell as a core will mean some nice speed for AMD'ers. :)