What's new

Choppy Sound

Hungry J

Hi all,

When I go to play any roms, my sound is really choppy. I've tried messing around with the sound buffer, but it doens't help much. Can someone help me out? By the way, I am running a PII 350, 32mb nVIDIA TNT2 card and my sound card is an onboard (my mother board is a SiS 530).

Thanks!

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
dude! look at your specs! thats your problem.
a bit of addvice: sell your soul to SATAN!!!! and buy a new system with the loot!

worked for me. Gwahh ha hah ha hahahahaha

Witten

Emulator Developer
Your PC is below minimum specs, so pj64 cannot product perfect sound. For perfect sound a game should run between 50 to 60 fps.

OP
H

Hungry J

Hm. I was hoping N64 games would work on my PC as something like Quake 3 does, but I guess the N64 game coding isn't optimized for PCs. How much good would it do if I got more RAM? Like a 256mb chip?

hellknight

Banned
I have 256MB Ram runs great but I think you should buy a faster computer,too(only a little idea I think 1GH'z)but like I said 256MB Ram are enough

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
it might help if you buy a sound card, that is if you have an extra PCI slot you can spar.
i recomend them new sound blaster audigy's. there sweet

Acorn

Sound card isn't going to effect how skippy the shound is one tiny bit : / I'm using on-board sound also - and the only down is the quality. More RAM always helps - but in this case it won't stop your sound from skipping.

What you need - is a new CPU, at least 700mhz to play at full speed. Maybe get a new motherboard and new ddr ram, and a 1ghz+ cpu, and a new sound card =))

But seriously, your CPU is whats causing your slowdown, the tnt2 is perfect for emus. As long as you have 32 or 64mb of ram thats ok.

OP
H

Hungry J

Well thanks for the help everyone. I'm afraid I don't have the money to upgrade right now. Oh well. At sometime I will have a really fast computer.

-Hungry J

bodie

well when you do .aim a little higher than 700mhz because that really is borderline minimum spec and you will still get choppy sound
bodie