What's new

C++ Builder 6

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
i'm learning C++.

using C++ Builder 6 enterprise trial (borland's), i opened a new .cpp file, then typed in the following:

#include <iostream.h>

using namespace std;

int main (int argc, char* argv[])
{
cout << "Hello World!" << endl;
return 0;
}

when i press f9 (run) it shows no errors...but i can't see any output. where is it supposed to be???

and there is a large portion lower right which is transparent - i.e. shows up the window under it. is it supposed to be?

L

Lachp30

I don't know why it doesn't work, but I try to avoid "C + + Builder" as much as possible..

L

Lachp30

Renegade said:
okay then what do i use? i can't find Borland C++ 6 anywhere.

I saw it on download.com the other day..

I use DEV-C++, which I also got from download.com

mesman00

What's that...?
Renegade said:
i'm learning C++.

using C++ Builder 6 enterprise trial (borland's), i opened a new .cpp file, then typed in the following:

#include (iostream.h)

using namespace std;

int main (int argc, char* argv[])
{
cout << "Hello World!" << endl;
return 0;
}

when i press f9 (run) it shows no errors...but i can't see any output. where is it supposed to be???

and there is a large portion lower right which is transparent - i.e. shows up the window under it. is it supposed to be?

first of all, make sure you are makin a console application, not a windows application, which i tink you are probably doing. next, this shouldn't affect your output, but if you are using namespace std, then just #include(iostream), not #include (iostream.h).

edit* weird, the board doesn't display anything inside angled brackets. the includes should be inside angled brackets, not paranthesis, but i had to use paranthesis because the board doesn't show the angled brackets.

Cyberman

Originally posted by Lachp30
I don't know why it doesn't work, but I try to avoid "C + + Builder" as much as possible..
Why is that? Are you talking about Borland C++ Builder? I have actually found it a heck of a lot easier to use the Visual C++. I have Visual VC++ 7.0 so.. the comparison is still huge. It's better documented as well.. which is the understatement of the year.

At least in BCB one can understand how threading is supposed to be implemented without having to bash your head on the wall from help files that refer to each other in a circular loop ;)

Cyb

L

Lachp30

Cyberman said:
Originally posted by Lachp30
Why is that? Are you talking about Borland C++ Builder? I have actually found it a heck of a lot easier to use the Visual C++. I have Visual VC++ 7.0 so.. the comparison is still huge. It's better documented as well.. which is the understatement of the year.

At least in BCB one can understand how threading is supposed to be implemented without having to bash your head on the wall from help files that refer to each other in a circular loop ;)

Cyb

I just prefer Dev thats all. I havn't actually tried visual c++ before

Cyberman

Lachp30 said:
Cyberman said:

Cyb

I just prefer Dev thats all. I havn't actually tried visual c++ before

You mean DEV C++ or MS Developer Studio which is what used with VC++?

Cyb

PS I found the round about solution to getting a plugin to be made with BCB :)