What's new

Mario Tennis

Roy

I got maario tennis to run, but when I try to play a game the emu
suddenly slows down to 3.2fps does anyone have a solution to this??????

schibo

Emulator Developer
Roy,

I believe the Mario Tennis speed problem is due to textures that change themselves, which I would assume (from experience) in Jabo's plugin requres a special CRC detection. This is a newer game that we got working. Perhaps a patch could be disabling texture mods in Mario Tennis or something else...I'm sure Jabo will have a workaround, but you will have to wait for PJ ,
since we have no plans on working on our plugin for some time. :)

adi

get out of my house
lol schibo, you're a junior member. Can anyone tell me when you are granted the honour of becoming a 'senior member'. After 1000 posts or something like that?

Rice

Emulator Developer
I have also heard this problem from other people, but I have never seen it by myself. Mario Tennis never slows down that much for me at my PIII-600/Voodoo3.

I agree with Schibo that this may be caused by video plugin, please try to use different setting in video plugin to see if it helps.

Rice

Cyber

A+
yes, I think that the problem is with the video plugin because when I play in windows mode the speed is slow but when I play in Fullscreen the speed is pretty good.

conkerman

conkerman
yo, ive been playing it in windowed mode for some time now with jabo 1.3. it seems that some of the text is messed up but i can see the pictures to start the game. when i first serve, it does it but really slowly and the first few vollies over the net go really slow, i forget how many fps, but its not a lot. then, eventually, it plays normally, like 55-60 fps
hope this helps

win98se, athlon 1.4, 512 mb ddr ram, geforce2 64 mb ram, adaptoid, detanator 22.80

toneman77

well..

this might be all right, but if it is a texture problem, why does gfx stutter so ugly when i serve but plays at full speed in the replay?
also when using the Wireframe rasterization at jabos 3d (there are no textures then, or are they just not displayed) there is this delay at the service in mario tennis.

anyways:
biggest respect to the coders, u rule, guys, u rule.

never expected to play mario tennis or (soon) jet force gemini on my pc.

u rule definitely

tone

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
The problem with Mario Tennis is that it's really hard to emulate completely some emu's already are so far that they can emulate the game only the speed s l o w s d o w n so hard from about 50 Fps to 3.5 Fps :( which is slow but this will eventually be fixed. :)

Rice

Emulator Developer
I played this game today, and speed does not drop when any player is serving. So I am sure the speed drop problem is video plugin related.

I am using PIII-600, voodoo3. I can get constantly over 40 vi/s, and I believe I can get vi/s better if I set CF=4, 5, 6. Most people should have better speed than me because my PC is not fast at all.

So try to play around your video plugin setting, to see if you can get my speed.

Rice

Firestar007

Rice, are you using Jabo's 1.3 or 1.4? 'Cause I think thats the culprit here. I went back to 1.0 (since I don't have the luxury of 1.4 :)), and I got a significant speed increase. It hardly slows down at all when you serve. So that can help other people too. I tried the video plugin from PJ64 versions 1.0, 1.2, and 1.3, and 1.0 was the fastest.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i think it could be ur voodoo 3...
wat gfx cards are ppl using...it could be the prob.

on my gf2, the game has that prob, when serving the vi/s drop to about 3, when previously they were about 60. this doesnt change on any of the CF settings. when i turned off the expansion pak, the game appeared faster, but then crashed with a jaob's fatal exception??? has anyone else experienced this.

also u need normal blending on.

Rice

Emulator Developer
I switch between Jabo 1.3 and 1.4 beta1, no difference for me. The new option "Force Normal Blending" in 1.3 and 1.4 helps to improve graphics for this game on my voodoo3 (I don't know if it also helps on GeForce).

It is good to know that 1.0 is better at sometime.

Rice

Firestar007

I wouldn't recommend using an older version of Jabo's D3D unless you know it will support it. The rule of thumb is: If the game was supported in the original version of PJ, then the PJ 1.0 plugin will work. Otherwise, it won't. So, no, Conker won't work because it wasn't supported by PJ64 1.0. Most likely, using Jabo's 1.0 won't help much anyway, but there are a few things that it helps. 1080 Snowboarding and Mario Tennis are the only two I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's more.

Rice

Emulator Developer
when i turned off the expansion pak, the game appeared faster, but then crashed with a jaob's fatal exception has anyone else experienced this.

Ya, I know this problem, so Mario Tennis is set in 1964.ini to use 8MB.

Conker does not work below Jabo 1.3.

And "Force Normal Blending" does not affect speed on my voodoo3, I can turn it on/off, speed is no difference.

Rice

DSF

Tom And Jerry don't work unless u turn FPU off and use No Check (instead Protect Memory)
I just discover the cheats of this game don't work in the actual cht version (in my private one works :) ).

:1964:

Rice

Emulator Developer
Tom And Jerry don't work unless u turn FPU off and use No Check (instead Protect Memory)

oh, I know the FPU off problem, but not the "No Check" problem. Ok, I will put this into the new INI.

Rice

sk8bloke22

roll for life
could u guys stop mario tennis crashing on 4mb memory to help the speed, or is that a jabo-related prob.

i swear u guys hav gotten round 'jabo fatal exeptions' on other games, i could be wrong though.