What's new

horrible error

maunofett

When I attempt to load a ROM from pj64, it comes up with a bizarre error that reads, "HWCEXT_GETLINEARADDR Failed." I wish I knew what this meant. Any help? It does this for both Conker's BFD and Super Smash Brothers. Haven't tried any others, but I assume it would. This implies it's a problem with my system or config or something. I've got WinXP and a Voodoo 5 card. When I first installed XP, everything was acting screwy, but I got some new drivers for my card and it seems to work, so I don't think it's that. But what can I do? I need guidance. Help.

Maunofett

gokuss4

Meh...
hmmm...

maybe they are corrupted roms. or you should try to reinstall your previous windows version cause voodoo5 does not have that much support as the voodoo3 which i have which works fine (but i need a better video card still). ok umm... i dont know what else to say. and you do you have the latest drivers for voodoo 5, and you have dx 8.1 right? well thats all i have to ask you.

OP
M

maunofett

well.

yes, i've got directx 8.1, and i've got the latest drivers for voodoo 5 that i could find at the time. amazing that people still make these drivers, even though 3dfx is no more. and switching back to windows98... i've thought of that, but i'm a lazy, lazy man. i don't want to go throught that trouble again.

Maunofett

gokuss4

Meh...
o....k.... but if you want emulation to work right for your voodoo5 (besides the gfx) than switch back to win 98 when you have the chance and/or get a new video card like im hoping to get one. try to at least get a geforce 2 MX 32mb for full emulation in 256mb roms or geforce 2 mx400 64mb for all emulation to work right.

OP
M

maunofett

Get a new 3d card... maybe I will. Maybe I will. I'll think about it. But what if it still doesn't work then? What then?

gokuss4

Meh...
LOL, IT WILL. as long as you get a geforce 2 64mb mx400 you will be perfect or other words of it still doesnt work (which i doubt) just keep the video card since its better than a voodoo 5 and reinstall win 98. you should be using pj64 1.3 right?

gokuss4

Meh...
ok ok, but still follow my advice as said above, sorry, sheesh. a geforce 2 costs around 75 to 100 dollars. GO FOR IT!