- Rename '1964 Home Page...' to '1964 Home Page'
- Rename 'GPL Info...' to 'GPL Information'
- Rename 'About Warranty...' to 'About Warranty'
- Rename 'About 1964...' to 'About 1964'

Eddy

I Run This
Here are some more ideas for a nice look also

GENERAL
-Setup Wizard (takes you through input selection, gfx, and audio, as well as options)
-Crashing on romsets not supported by core
-screen saver prevention. or turn off monitor prevention

GUI
-In options, ability to select which divisions you want i the rom browser.
-Scrollbar remains in last placed position.
Divisions on rom browser stay the same once modified
-Countires are full named, instead of abbrev.

BTW Schibo and rice, i can make new video/audio/input pics for you guy's, in the plugin selection screen. Rice you got the icons? i sent you ? Thats it for now, ill come up with some more later on.

Rice

Emulator Developer
DSF and Eddy

All suggestions are good, and many of them are quite easy to do. I think I will do most of these, maybe not all of them.

zeus

Indeed they are all very good suggestions and I have been thinking about a way to sort roms after multiple criterias and have come up with a idea on how to sort roms through a winampish way. Instead of just sorting it by one criteria, i.e name, they could be sorted by name, size and comment or size, name and comment and on and on. This way the rom browser will be able to sort roms in every possible configuration, i.e name, size, country and comment.

And maybe an extra selectable field for byteorder, I know the first suggestion is overkill and probaly a lot more work then the other suggestions but it would make it a killer gui.

Eddy

I Run This
Well zeus, i agree, you kind of did overkill the suggestions, but i did like the second one, about adding another column, it would be real cool, i just cant think of one. I just cant think of one

Nice ones that could be done

Ok Ones
Bootcode
Playability
Manufacturer (if possible)
Byteorder

Corny ones
Filename

Eddy

I Run This
-Quick access buttons to most menu entries

8 A nice button in user options for auto fullscreen when rom is loaded

zeus

This isn´t a suggestion it´s more of a bug report. When adding comments and alternative names to JAP games the comments and alternative names disapear after 1964 has refreshed the rom browser, making it impossible to add comments and alt names for (J) region games. I´m not sure if this problem also occurs when manually editing the ini, but it shouldn´t mather from where you add information to the ini.

truffles

A Pixelating Eskimo
wow...

all these fixes in the gui will make the next release different...

well at least it does not affect the speed, gameplay in the games...

im fine :) i guess it should not matter...

but 1 important factor of choosing a good n64 emulator... is the ease of use and GUI...

and pretty much 1964 got it up! :)

good job!

:colgate: colgate smile! nice!

Rice

Emulator Developer
When adding comments and alternative names to JAP games the comments and alternative names disapear after 1964 has refreshed the rom browser, making it impossible to add comments and alt names for (J) region games.

Ya, someone finally found it. Nice job, zeus.

I know this bug from beginning, it is caused that JAP roms is using Japan characters as internal game name, and 1964.ini is only handling ASCII characters.

Does anyone care about this problem?

OP
DSF

DSF

Rice said:

Ya, someone finally found it. Nice job, zeus.

I know this bug from beginning, it is caused that JAP roms is using Japan characters as internal game name, and 1964.ini is only handling ASCII characters.

Does anyone care about this problem?
yes
i saw that problem too

Rice

Emulator Developer
DSF, Eddy and Others that have given suggestion to 1964 enhancement in this and other threads

If you want, let me know you email address by emailing me, I have done many of the suggestions and I can send you new beta, so you can take a look and help to find bugs.

For other ppl. this is nothing big, just GUI feature enhancement. So don't bother if you don't care them.

Last edited: