What's new

Minor graphic problems

Blue_Light

Hi!
When i play Zelda OoT with the PJ64 1.5 version (or any PJ64 version for that matter) there ware some annoying graphical bugs! First there is the one about the menu. You know, that it takes very long time to open, and the second is when i open treasure chests. When u open a treasure chest (the big ones) there should be like spikes of green light in it, but when i play, there is just one HUGE black thingy boming out of it.. I tried the Glide64 with the evoodoo wrapper, and it fixed it.. But another problem came along. Whenever there's a fire (like a torch or something) the flame is just red. It dosen't move or anything. It's completly still, and red. It know it's not supposed to be that way!

Some minor bugs:

Mario 64: Black pixels around lots of stuff (some enemies, the star and marios head at the top of the screen, etc.)

Pokemon Stadium 2: No pictures of the pokemons in the menus, and under the fights, there appears large black triangels on the floor.

Please help...

Oh, my system specs:

Amd Athlon 1600+ (1.4 GHz)
Geforce 2 MX 400
256 MB DDR

I think those are the only important things right now..

Last edited:

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
some of the problems are known issues like in OoT where it takes a long time to open the menu. the black pixels you are talking about only start showing up in jabo's 1.3 plugin and everything after. try experimenting with other plugins and see if they remove those extra pixels. i noticed that too but it never really bothered me. also don't bother trying the glide64+evoodoo combo since you have the card to run direct3d already. you could try to get the latest drivers and see if they work better to solve the black light problem in the treasure chest.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I recommend PJ64 1.5 and four graphic card the Detonator Drivers 30.82. The 40.xx drivers are still beta...

OP
B

Blue_Light

I cant find the detonator 30.82 drivers on the net.. could someone tell me where i can find them??

OP
B

Blue_Light

well, i found them on another page..
The Zelda treasure chest bug is still there (the Mario 64 pixels are gone though)..help!!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
for god's sake - is it that important? the gf2mx probably isn't good enough, try better card or reference rasterizer

OP
B

Blue_Light

Oh! And another prob:
When i play PJ64 my computer always seems to freeze after a while! can i do something about this?