What's new

if pj64 1.4 is gonna be the final version?.......

gokuss4

Meh...
will jabo and zilmar try to add as much support as they can and get ALL the bugs fixed than. Cause than it would be wise if it were their final version, but if its not than i dont know come out with updates on more support like 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, etc.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
look, the're only 20ish. If they did nothing with the rest of their lives but eat, sleep and program PJ64, they'd still die of old age before they got all the bugs out. I was just talking to Zilmar and he's counting down the days until he's no longer a programmer, he wants out, and I'm just amazed he's stuck at it this long.

D.K.

Emu Ape
I wouldn't mind if pj 1.4 was the last version. It's free and I couldn't ask for a better free emulator.

Josep

eyerun4phun
totally agreee with d.k., common sense guys, technically these guys don't really get paid for this, and there is a life out there besides the moniter. Almost everything has a time and puporse. The current version out makes me happy:D

Smiff said:
look, the're only 20ish. If they did nothing with the rest of their lives but eat, sleep and program PJ64, they'd still die of old age before they got all the bugs out. I was just talking to Zilmar and he's counting down the days until he's no longer a programmer, he wants out, and I'm just amazed he's stuck at it this long.

even though im a severe n00bie i can sort of relate, its satisfying fixing that big bastard bug, but theres soo much more to life in your spare time... as for a career, i think ill stick with it, i'll never be good enough to master it so i'll always be learning, that said :pj64: is something to be proud of for sure... im yet to print my first pixel :blush:

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
Josep said:
totally agreee with d.k., common sense guys, technically these guys don't really get paid for this, and there is a life out there besides the moniter. Almost everything has a time and puporse. The current version out makes me happy:D

Hell yeah!! who needs more bug fixes when F-Zero X already looks this good!

:pj64: RULES HANDS DOWN
and i will personaly kill (by gunshot to the head) anyone who opposes or thinks otherwise.:devil:

P.S. dont take that first comment personaly, bug fixes are always nice:D

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
"I was just talking to Zilmar and he's counting down the days until he's no longer a programmer, he wants out, and I'm just amazed he's stuck at it this long."
Lol, the life of a programmer are very hard life... Which reminds me, I have a friggin exercise in Java to submit :(

Anyway, I don`t really think that it matters that much if 1.4 is the last version. A lot was accomplished during the time that PJ exists, I mean, even 1.0 was unbelievable, and the bugs that do exist in PJ, aren`t that fundamental, and PJ does play most of the famous games.

Yet it would be nice if jacob and the other one would have made the emu open-source when they are done with it, the same way that Davie, the author of Final Burn did. Than it would practically last forever. But we already have Daedalus and 1964, which are open source, so again, it doesn`t matter much.

Last edited:
OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
hey guys im sorry for spamming with such a stupid question i mean i Sound a friggen NEWBIE! i have been at emulation for 2 years though but i started n64 emulation as soon as i upgraded from 433mhz celeron (with 66mhz fps YUCK!) to an AMD Athlon 900MHZ, 200MHZ FPS (A LOT BETTER!!!). So if i upgrade from a voodoo3 3000 16mb to a geforce 2 mx400 or higher, (hopefully higher like an nvidia geforce 3 ti200 or even a ti500 :D) i would do better in n64 emulation. but still once i get a better video card like a geforce 2 mx400 64mb i wouldn't have to worry about N64 emulation gfx probs no more. And maybe i should just stop talking and wasting bandwidth, CYA!*runs away*