What's new

Can't save! (Help)

Peveus

I can't save in any game. It says it saved but the next time i play, it restarts entirely. I can quick save but I need to be able to battery save! Help!

F

Flare

Are u using 1964 0.8.5 ?
0.8.5 dosen´t good(on my system)
sometimes it gives no sound!
what´s your specs ?
if you can´t save use another:)

OP
P

Peveus

I didn't actually understand your post...

It's just battery saving that doesnt work, it work's on my friends computer with the same version/rom, I can't figure out why not on mine!

Anyone!

OP
P

Peveus

Actually, it doesnt crash just so you know, the game music and animations keep going but it never comes out of saving, and theres no save file if i restart there.

Thanks

karth95

Lord of the Cats
what folder are you running 1964 from? I've found that it sometimes doesn't work from the desktop, or in something that has a special character in the path name (like an &). Try moving it to c:\1964, and see how it goes.

OP
P

Peveus

Hmm... No I'm running it from C:\N64\1964. I tried moving it anyway but no luck.

MaGiX, I'm trying to save normally. I'd be happy to use Quicksaves (which work) except that I am playing Doubutsu no Mori, which needs the clock reset to the right time when you start it, and if I can't save and return to the menu, I can't change the time.

Thanks times 3! Anyone got any other suggestions?

OP
P

Peveus

It doesn't, I know that for sure, my friend has the exact same ROM file and emulator and his all works :\

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Which input plugin are you using again? are you using the mempack expansion, or is this in-rom battery save? if it's mempack save, then try the latest nrage's, since it has an excellent setup for mempacks. If it's battery, is the battery save file being created? it should be in the folder.