What's new

Some JDoom shots

Allnatural

I knew nothing about JDoom before reading this thread. What fun, here are some shots.

This is JDoom with the 3D models installed plus high-res textures for the environment. I even replaced the original music with selections from PSX Doom and Doom64, but you can't see that.;)

Anisotropic filtering is set to 8, no FSAA, images are scaled down from 1280x1024...

Last edited:
OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Ever notice that Partial Invisibility really means No Invisibility. A worthless power-up if you ask me.:eek:

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Shh... I don't think they know I'm here, and I know there's a Cyberdemon right around the corner...

Tricks and Traps, possibly my favorite DOOM 2 level. :)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Damn, those are some really sweet textures. Where exactly have you downloaded them, I can`t seem to find them at the JDoom website.

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
yes, u must tell us, what exactly is the ultimate doom setup? are those new models? where do we get those? how is the ingame frame rates, etc.?

thnx.
rhy

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

DuDe said:
Damn, those are some really sweet textures. Where exactly have you downloaded them, I can`t seem to find them at the JDoom website.
I got the textures from two sources: here and here. There's a bit of overlap, but combining the two packs gives you over 200 new textures.
Originally posted by crhylove
yes, u must tell us, what exactly is the ultimate doom setup? are those new models? where do we get those? how is the ingame frame rates, etc.?
You can find most of what you need at www.doomsdayhq.com . The game runs smooth as silk on my system.:)

Valek

Nevermind, I found where to extract them. DAMN! Those textures are insane! The grass is more detailed than the grass in UT2003! Too bad the sound is still in MIDI (;

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Valek said:
Nevermind, I found where to extract them. DAMN! Those textures are insane! The grass is more detailed than the grass in UT2003! Too bad the sound is still in MIDI (;
You could always substitute your own sounds and music. That's what I did.:cool:

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Oops, I forgot about the new weapon skins, courtesy of Abbs. Check out the chaingun.:biggrin:

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

The new, improved Big F**King Gun 9000.:devil:

This pack also includes new weapon sounds.:satisfied