What's new

will there be a new jabo's graphic plugin?

M

mark_ole

i was just wondering, is jabo still working on new vwersions of his graphics plugin? 1.5 works well for most games, but awful for some. same with 1.4 to a certain extent. also i have a basic motherboard graphics card, sis 650, is jabos 1.5 the best video plugin to use?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Simply put, no jabo do not work on the plugin anymore. He said that even that 1.5 of his plugin came was a surprise. It's up to him to continue to not, but he probably won't.

As for if it's the best plugin for your system: no. Use Glide64 & evoodoo; it will produce a much better result.

OP
M

mark_ole

thanx. ive heard of glide 64, but whats e voodoo? is that a plugin or an actual graphics card?

Doomulation

Evoodoo is a wrapper. It means that when glide64 tries to do the glide api calls, evoodoo translates these into directx calls, allowing non-voodoo users to use the glide system.

This is the purpose of a wrapper. Since Glide64 is written for Voodoo-cards, which use Glide, you need the wrapper to run Glide64.

OP
M

mark_ole

thanx doomulation. i have located glide 64, and also evoodoo v3.2. but how do i combine the 2. i unzipped glide 64 into my plugins folder in 1964. then i unzipped evoodoo just into general 1964 folder. does evoodoo need to be unzipped into the plugins folder? how do i get it working?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
mark_ole said:
thanx doomulation. i have located glide 64, and also evoodoo v3.2. but how do i combine the 2. i unzipped glide 64 into my plugins folder in 1964. then i unzipped evoodoo just into general 1964 folder. does evoodoo need to be unzipped into the plugins folder? how do i get it working?

Dont put it in the plugins Directory... put it in the Root DIrectory of the Emulator

Example: C:/PJ64
NOT:C:/PJ64/Plugins

Just an Example Really....

OP
M

mark_ole

yes thats what i did with evoodoo..put it in the root directory, and glide 64 in the plugins. and i just got a message saying "error". surely you didnt mean that glide 64 also goes in the root directory? im confused.

Doomulation

You need to put it into the same directory as the emulator (in this case pj), or, in your windows system directory, which is the following:

* \system - if you're using win9x or me.
* \system32 - if you're using 2000 or xp.

Also note that it's in your windows-directory, which usually is C:\Windows.

OP
M

mark_ole

thanx again for your help. this is so frustrating. i unzipped glide 64 and evoodoo into the 1964 folder, not into any subfolders like plugins. but, of course, when i go to the "changeplugins" menu to look for it, it doesnt find glide 64 as its not in the plugins folder. insteaqd it still just says jabo's d3d v1.5. all i seem to have noticed since doing this is the sound is worse. is there anything else i needed to do with glide 64 to make it work, or does it just override the plugin you have selected? thanx again for your help guys.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
mark_ole said:
thanx again for your help. this is so frustrating. i unzipped glide 64 and evoodoo into the 1964 folder, not into any subfolders like plugins. but, of course, when i go to the "changeplugins" menu to look for it, it doesnt find glide 64 as its not in the plugins folder. insteaqd it still just says jabo's d3d v1.5. all i seem to have noticed since doing this is the sound is worse. is there anything else i needed to do with glide 64 to make it work, or does it just override the plugin you have selected? thanx again for your help guys.

hehe, your So Confused ;)

Put Glide64 in the Plugins Folder... Put eVoodoo in the 1964 Folder... Then Select Glide64...

OP
M

mark_ole

thanx cpu master. done that. so now when i try and run perfect dark it says error:unsupported ucode. and then something about gfx cannot be drawn in windowed mode, press alt+enter for fullscreen. so i press that, and it doesnt go fullscreen properly and stops running!!! help?????? maybe its my evoddo settings?

OP
M

mark_ole

cpu master, doomulation, cheers for the help. but i can only get the glide 64/evoodoo combo working on itro screens for mission impossible and it doesnt work at all for perfect dark. it says unsupported u code. also with mission impossible it only seems to run into the actual game with azimers audio 0.40, but at literally quarter speed, whilst with 0.30 its full speed intro but then graphics dont even appear in game. please help me guys, coz i can see from the intro screen how improved the graphics WOULD be if i got this plugin working.

Doomulation

Goto glide64's homepage (http://glide64.emuxhaven.net) and check the compability list. It will display how playable the games are. It will even say if it's playable or not. Some games aren't, that's life :(

Perfect dark is unsupported. I don't know about mission impossible, though.

OP
M

mark_ole

thanx for the help doomulation. sux that so many games arent supported well under glide 64 , as this is the only plugin that seems to smooth the graphics out/ eliminate the blockiness.
and with azimers audio 0.40 runs so slow, with jabos direct sound 1.5 not at all.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
any pics of glide 64 since i hear its the best graphics plugin??? am using nivida though so it probably wouldn't work right, even with the evoode thing

Doomulation

jvolel said:
any pics of glide 64 since i hear its the best graphics plugin??? am using nivida though so it probably wouldn't work right, even with the evoode thing
There is actually very old shots in the screenshots forum somewhere...
Some of them were taken with evoodoo. It did look very promising.