What's new

Which DC Emu's gonna run commercial games first?

Which DC Emulator is Gonna Run Commercial Games First?

• Dreamemu

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Icarus

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbag

And by run commercial games first i mean run games properly no bugs etc..

Is it Icarus or Dreamemu?

Id say Icarus no offence Lord Cheese!

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Can't and won't vote.

1) It's far to early to tell. Heck, there are no PCs on the market at the moment that could handle full speed Dreamcast emulation. And there won't be any for a while.

2) 'No bugs' is hard to define. Super Mario 64 still has some unemulated effects. Yet they're seldom listed by anyone.

3) No matter who I voted for, it could demotivate the author I didn't vote for. I don't want to do that because they're both extremely talented and I don't want either to stop for a long time yet.

4) Dreamer may get picked up again and be the first or an entirely new emulator could come up and do it (Project Tempest anyone)?

OP
tbag

tbag

Quite a good point there Lillymon i know Lord Cheese & Cyrus you two get together be good friends and both work on a emu that way it will be faster & compatibility will increase.. i think

Anyhow just take a gamble people its all in good fun not ment to insult the 2 talented authors ;)

BTW, i do beleive my friends Mac Super Computer could handle proper DC emulation its got 2.8 ghz 692 meg of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.