What's new

Save Screenshots in JPEG?

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Hey - When I save screenshots it automatically saves them as 1mb files - I was wondering if someone could tell me how to save them in JPEG format!:pj64: Thanks
Grant64

Eagle

aka Alshain
YOu can't, and I don't think Jabo wants to go to the trouble of developing a JPEG conversion process. If you have Win2000, ME or XP, use MSPaint to convert it. Otherwise, download Paint Shop Pro.

Acorn

You can't automaticly save them - but you can convert them as Eagle says. Just open the image in Microsoft Paint, then click File:Save As and on the pulldown menu at the bottom, select JPEG instead of Bitmap.

I don't remember if 95/98 support jpeg in paint though, so it might not work on those?

There are converters that can mass convert images, search at like download.com or hotfiles.com, I don't know any names though.

Eagle

aka Alshain
No, Windows 9x version of paint sucks, no file support, no scanner support, nada. Just stupid bitmaps.

Eagle

aka Alshain
What pic? Oh you must mean my avatar. I didn't take it. I just cropped an unmarked image from the web.

Eagle

aka Alshain
That sleek majestic look is why I like eagles so much. They just have a personality that interests me.

Glurak

Eagle said:
No, Windows 9x version of paint sucks, no file support, no scanner support, nada. Just stupid bitmaps.

Umm I'm using 98se and my version of paint DOES support gif and jpg... however I believe 98 (not se ;)) and 95 don't support jpg n gif in paint... well u can't specify the jpg compression in paint so it's rather suboptimal ;) but it works :)

Slougi

Glurak said:

Umm I'm using 98se and my version of paint DOES support gif and jpg... however I believe 98 (not se ;)) and 95 don't support jpg n gif in paint... well u can't specify the jpg compression in paint so it's rather suboptimal ;) but it works :)
AFAIK only the 98se version has support for jåg pics. I have the me version and it doesn't support them.