What's new

what emulator should i use

iq_132

Banned
Without knowing more...
I'd suggest 1964 with the Glide64/Evoodoo combo.
I'd also suggest using nemu.

Just my suggestions.

iq_132

Banned
1964 - Emulator
Jabo's Graphics 1.5 - Graphics plugin (Comes with project64)
Azimer's Audio (Comes with 1964)
N-Rages d-input 8 1.81 - Gamepad plugin
RSP plugin - (Comes with project 64)

LD.

*poke*
If you want more help, then you'd need to tell us how much memory you have, what type of video card, what operating system, that sort of thing.

iq_132

Banned
Intel Graphics... that could be a problem.
Windows Me - Scourge of the computer world.
64 Megs - Not nearly enough. (256+=wonderful)

OP
K

kikwearsk8er

so basicly i'm not doin good enough for any emulator.
what about dreamcast. if i can work with that can u give me the link to an emulator and some iso's

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I highly recommend just using trial and error. Back in the day, I always used TRWin because it caused me the least amount of hassle. The top three logical choices are 1964, PJ64, and Nemu, but I highly recommend playing around with them and see what you enjoy most. I am partial to Project64 for playability because I have direct communication to Jabo if I wanna bitch about graphics. Ever wonder why WCW/NWO got working? hehe... squeeky wheel theory heh. wvu J-Bird ;)

Stezo2k

S-2K
kikwearsk8er said:
well i've got windows ME, 64 Megs. of memory and an intell graphics controller

LMAO, i wouldnt exactly call it the PC for even running PSX games full speed :D

1. Windows ME is the buggiest OS ever
2. Celerons are slower than most procecors
3. 64MB isnt enough
4. Intel Graphics controller? those things are so slow and drain your system ram

Tips
1: Get a real OS such as windows Xp
2: If u can afford it, get a better upgrade around 1ghz (amd are best proccessors period)
3. Get a real graphics card such as a Geforce 2/3/4
4. Get some more RAM

that should help proformence a lot :)

Stez

milen

All my roms work fine without slowdown with 128mb RAM.
But maybe you can't afford to buy more RAM.
Your celeron is fast enough for 1964.
Use Glide64/Evoodoo for best results on your video card.
You must be able to get full fps in most games with azimer's sound plugin version 0.30

milen

>>> Stezo2k >>> LMAO, i wouldnt exactly call it the PC for even running PSX games full speed

PSX games run full speed on p2/400 with any video card with Pete's and Lewpy's plugins.

L

Lachp30

For slower computers, prehaps Deadulas (sorry about the spelling). As for your intel graphics controller, that should not be too much of a problem. I had a 4mb graphics card on my old DELL P2, 300 and it played games very slow, but they worked. With your current controller, don't expect anything brilliant...

Lockie

LaterDude

kikwearsk8er said:
so basicly i'm not doin good enough for any emulator.
what about dreamcast. if i can work with that can u give me the link to an emulator and some iso's

what about dreamcast

What about it?
First of all this is a N64 forum, not DC.

Second, if you don't have enough system to do N64 emulation, what makes you think you could run a DC emulator?

Third. afaik, there is NO emulator that runs DC games. If you see one, nightmare for example, it is a fake and may be a virus.

and last but certainly not least, asking for iso's for a DC is the same as asking for Roms for the N64. The 3rd sticky from the top of this forum specifically says, 'Rom Request = Ban'

I am sure that is why the regs here were ignoring your request for DC stuff. I hope this helped to enlighten you.

Have a nice day! ;)

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
kikwearsk8er said:
i doesn't help i could care less about being baned. no one here ever helped me out anyway

What do you expect? We are helping you for free... dont like it, hire someone to help you. We do this just because we want too... We dont have to be so nice you know... :plain2:

L

Lachp30

What do you mean we arn't helping? Your just not helping yourself! We just told you that your system specs were not good enough for higher class emulation!