What's new

Glide64 Unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

l@g

Too many time of no news and/or screens and/or progress news... I believe Glid64 development is stopped.
But in the last three weeks I have an idea: continue this great plugin, and too many things has ocurred in this time... too many bugs corrected (ex.: Wipeout64 intro and textures), much, much more speed, etc. But, my question is: Can I post it to download or not?.
Dave is a great programmer and he is the only (I think) that can make new releases. Maybe he now are reading this thread and maybe too his new release is coming soon.
Simply, I don`t now what can I do...
Help.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
From the Glide64 website

Coding rules:

To modify Glide64:

Write your name and (optional)email, commented by your work, so I know who did it, and so that you can find which parts you modified when it comes time to send it to me.
Do NOT send me the whole project or file that you modified. Take out your modified code sections, and tell me where to put them. If people sent the whole thing, I would have many different versions, but no idea how to combine them all.
Combiner logs submitted are useless to us, please do not send them.

You may create, modify, steal, use in another plugin, or do whatever you want with this code, but you MUST credit people for their work, and not claim it as your own.

It is a bit confusing. At first it sounds like "No, send me your code and I will of course give credit to you if used", but then the last sentence sounds like "do whatever just give credit where due".

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
As an official betatester i want to say this:

1. If you want to continue developing glide64 check the glide64 site for the source.

2. BUT As far as i know dave didn't quit developing the plugin, he's just taking a brake.

(i will post some 0.255 beta screenies soon...)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Dave just doesn't have much time left to work on glide64 now. He goes in school y'know.
But afaik, the plugin is open source so you can modify and release new versions if you wish. Just don't forget to credit Dave, the original creator of Glide64 :)

Dave2001

Hi!

I'm still alive, just have school now and not much time to work on the plugin. I haven't worked on it much at all since the last release. If someone with more time wants to fix a few things with it, go right ahead. Tell me the changes & I'll put it on the site.

Btw, Gugaman and Gonetz are very busy too, so there's nobody doing anything right now :eek:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Dave2001 said:
Hi!

I'm still alive, just have school now and not much time to work on the plugin. I haven't worked on it much at all since the last release. If someone with more time wants to fix a few things with it, go right ahead. Tell me the changes & I'll put it on the site.

Btw, Gugaman and Gonetz are very busy too, so there's nobody doing anything right now :eek:

Put in one word, "I LOVE YOU."

hehe, j/k, though i do think you're extremely leet. :)

NLFalcon4ever - PLEASE post some shots! no harm done at all! :happy:

OP
L

l@g

The shots

(Hi! Dave, Hi! everyone). Sorry for make you wait but I still don`t have my own internet connection.
Some shots...

Status
Not open for further replies.