Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Allnatural

Windows Media Player :thumbsup:

j/k Winamp2 of course.;)

Although, I inadvertently voted for Winamp3.:eek:

Stezo2k

S-2K
definatly winamp 2, so fast and easy to use :) and if im not using that, i use my music player (which i can play converted mp3s on:)) on my gameboy advance :)

Stez

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Why use winamp when you've got wmp built in from the start?
It can even play videos, which winamp can't.
Well, it may be faster, but imo, i've got a fast computer so that doesn't count much.

WMP all the way...

mesman00

What's that...?
i never got into the winamp craze, the first mp3 program i ever found out about (which i think was in 9th grade in highschool, this goes back about almost 4 years now) was music match jukebox. Back then it was at version 3. I've stuck with it, and i still use music match jukebox today, just about made it to version 8, there is just somethinga bout it that i like.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Doomulation said:
Well, it may be faster, but imo, i've got a fast computer so that doesn't count much.

WMP all the way...

WMP also intentionaly makes MP3s sound like shit compared to winamp, especialy if you use winamp with the MAD plugin. Not to mention that WMPs interface takes way to much of my desktop when I want to control the audio, and way to much memory from other things that I am always running.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Classic winamp.

Fast, Crisp EQ, Tons of DSP plugins (my fav is tempo control ;)), very multitask friendly (mame+winamp or zsneswin+winamp) :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Stezo2k said:
where can u get the MAD plugin?

thanx m8

Stez

MAD sounds worse if you're using winamp's eq. It blanks it out and makes the audio sound sorta muffled.

This is my preset, just a modified "Rock", I just changed the treble to a higher level. It sounds extremely good. (This coupled with my sound card's eq sounds unbelievable). :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
AlphaWolf said:
Doomulation said:

WMP all the way...

WMP also intentionaly makes MP3s sound like shit compared to winamp, especialy if you use winamp with the MAD plugin. Not to mention that WMPs interface takes way to much of my desktop when I want to control the audio, and way to much memory from other things that I am always running.
Oh, really? Last time i played winamp (on a 100 mhz pentium, lol :happy: ), it didn't play better than wmp, so i think i'll skip it and don't see how much "better" it plays.

And afaik, wmp can be put in "compressed" mode, which is very small.

iq_132

Banned
AlphaWolf said:

Windows Media Player 7x Rips MP3 at a lower bitrate than anyone else would ever use.
The MAD plugin does sound pretty damn good, but there are a lot of options that a n00b could really screw up.
Windows Media Player 6.4 is included with pretty much every newer version of Windows. It plays pretty much everything WMP 7x does, but faster. WMP 6.4 has a minimal mode which can be smaller than an open Winamp window.

Not that I'm a huge fan of WMP...

2fast4u

winamp2xx all the way ...

wmp is bloatware, so is winamp3, i have never used any of the others tho.

and doom: i dont care if my pc is fast enuff to run a program, if it eats up lots of memory and is graphically bloated i wont use it. the availability of fast machines is way too often used as an excuse for bad coding, u should know that ..