What's new

the definitive list(s).

crhylove

Banned
since both pj and 19 (64's) are reaching near 99% compats, i want to put together a definitive list of A) unemulated roms, and B) unplayable roms.

submit a rom here that is not listed and has never been playable, and or emulated!

The Unemulated:
NFL Quarterback Club 98
Michael Owens WLS 2000 (E)
Mia Hamm Soccer 64
Taz Express
Star Wars Episode I - Battle for Naboo
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
World Driver Championship
Stunt Racer

The Unplayable:
Pokemon Puzzle League
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron
Pokemon Snap
Super Bowling
Major League Baseball featuring Ken Griffey
Top Gear Overdrive
Hey you, Pikachu!

<edit> i removed dr mario. thanx rice!!! </edit>

i know atm i'm missing some... please contribute and i'll /edit these lists...

remember the criteria is that the game not work in both pj64 and 1964, using any possible rom setting / plugin currently available.

rhy

Last edited:

mesman00

What's that...?
what exactly is the difference between unemulated and unplayable, because if a game/rom/whatever the hell you want to call it is unemulated, doesn't that make it unplayable?

*edit* nevermind, i think i get it. unplayabe means its emulated but it's below par, and there are graphic glitches, and other such problems that prevent the user from actually playing the game.

LD.

*poke*
And add all those obscure Jap ROMs that most people have never heard of, let alone played :D

Rice

Emulator Developer
I don't understand why Dr. Mario is unplayable. It is totally playable if you use the Unofficial Daedalus Rel 2 plugin, or you don't have a Geforce card.

3dfxer

well i have a geforce4 mx agp. and 1964 with the lastest update drivers! and still the game is messed up! the pills scroll down the right side of the screen, making it real hard to play.

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
rice, how do you get the dropping pill to appear? i've tried everything (well maybe not) and my specs are below.

rhy

Rice

Emulator Developer
Let me try to remember, to use 'Check and Copy Back' frame buffer option, the one before the last option for frame buffer setting.

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
dr mario.

rice is completely right. the daedelus unofficial plug release 2 plays dr. mario very well with minor gfx glitches. the settings are in fact:

under frame buffer (in video plug settings for .07b plugin):
double buffer copy
copy & back

the rest was set at alpha blender, hacks and big images with the rest unselected.

i didn't play with it too much but this makes dr. mario PLAYABLE, and afaik, the first time in any emu/plugin.

wtg rice!!!

<edit> oh yes, and it also works in pj64, though i was getting heavy flickering. </edit>

Last edited:
OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
and...

and since pokemon puzzle league has real similar gfx to dr. mario, i gave it a shot with those settings, and after a whole lot of gfx errors, i got this pic.

still not playable, but closer.

shame too, cuz this is actually a killer game. yeah, i know we all hate pokemon, but the gameplay is great at the puzzle university part of the rom.

even the action part is pretty darn sweet.

peace.
rhy

tbag

Sure sure you know you love Pokemon lol

J/K thats true most pokemon games have good gameplay the GB game kept me entertained for months even years :)

I hate pokemon but there gameplay seems to argue the point if you get my drift ;)

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
well, after extensive testing, i can't seem to dr. mario to run at full speed, and it's obviously not my specs as everything else runs great anyway. also, i noticed some bizarre artifacts that came into play at certain points. for one at 320x240 windowed mode, the pills all go blurry right as you pop a row of pills. very strange. i messed with the cf values, and had it at 32 bit too!! but it still won't go full speed. hmmm... any thoughts?

rhy

/edit. actually it seems to run a TAD better with rsp off. the sound is better for sure, the speed is still slow for such a kick ass box.

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
Dr. Mario need to use private 1964.exe to play at full speed so to support frame buffer better. PJ64 coder Tooie mentioned he was going to implement PJ64 to support 2 new functions in unofficial Daedalus Rel 2. in order to play Dr. Mario and other games whch are using frame buffer heavily, I hope he will do it soon.

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
cool, this is all great news. some of the 2d type games are the most fun imho.

/me is just a lame n00b, though, so who cares?

rhy

cold1

zelda master!
and where can i down load the unofficial daedelus plug release 2 ?

that plays dr.mario64????